Great class so far but….

Viewing 4 reply threads

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Why no qb signed? Are we still looking to sign one? And yes, i know we signed bentley but thats a 1 year deal. I think every class needs 1 qb signed for depth and potential transfer concern.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Transfer portal is always right there. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

https://247sports.com/player/cooper-justice-46055616/

yes, they are looking at signing one.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Must be a story why we are looking at him and he has zero interest from any other p5/g5 school.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Our coaches don’t care about recruiting rankings or what other teams are doing.  The kid is huge and very athletic.  He has a strong arm and I’m sure they feel they can develop him.  With Rising in the program for 3 more years we need a big QB signing next year, but this year we can go after a guy that might need a few years to develop.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

NO RUDY’S!

It’s long overdue to start focusing on more than pipe dream Rudy’s. STOP IT!

Grow some balls and start fighting for the coveted players.

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

If you don’t like this class then there isn’t much I’m even going to try and argue with you.  

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Looks like Wilson 2.0, even has a side arm throwing motion on several of his throws.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

^ this…transfer portal adds another source for talent and an element of free agency to college football and basketball. It was always there, but not as player friendly as today.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Portal or grad transfer is a good way to go for QBs. Only one position to fight for and high level D1 QBs don’t like to sit and watch from the sidelines. Look at the USC QB situation. I would say next year will be the year for heavy QB recruiting. Probably why Powell flipped after signing Bentley and Rising’s upside. Seems Ludwig wants big pro style kids with big arms that can run when they have to type of QBs. Coaching from the Couch :)…Go Utes!

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Wonder what will happen at USC next year for QB. Slovis only came in because the starter-phenom was knocked out for the year. Will one of them be content to sit on the sidelines next year?

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

I believe two other 4* QB’s came into ASU with Daniels last year.  Would like to take one of those assuming there’s a quality fit.  However, to avoid transfers and ensure depth we’ll see coaches recruiting and carrying a mix of experienced and/or ready talent along with developmental talent.  Even the blue bloods are losing their depth for playing time opportunity elsewhere. This should bring/introduce? some parity back to college football.

salty-ute
          Ute Fan
          @salty-ute

One of them already in the portal IIRC

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Great class so far but….