Harding will be the OC. Bank on it. Kyle won’t leave his comfort zone

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

I had hoped he had an epiphany early in the season and decided it was ok to let the offense actually play offense.  Sadly as the race got tighter the offense became more one dimensional. 

I suspect that IF another coach is hired it will be a QB coach and likely one we know very little about   Search  his coaching Circle for someone with experience coaching QB’s and you’ve likely found the new guy. 

It wont be a sexy splashy hire   It will be somebody that Kyle knows and trusts. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Troy Taylor from EWU is rumored as the new hire. Also Chip Kelly just got fired… So there’s that possibility. Doesn’t he have to serve a suspension if hired on as a college coach if anybody knows? May limit his suitors.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Chip Kelly would not take a college coordinator position. No chance at all. He could be a HC at all but a few schools. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

I will believe it when I see.it  that would be out of character for Kyle. I think Kyle realizes what the offensive issues are but he just can’t trust the offense win a game.  

Anonymous
        Inactive

Chip Kelly isn’t walking through that door.  

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

@noneyadb I remember hearing his suspension was a year or two but it was effective immediately. He jumped to the NFL of course so the suspension was meaningless. I’m 99% certain he’s clear to come back to the college game.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

From what I am hearing it sounds like Whitt will just plug Troy Taylor into ARods spot and leave Harding in his existing role. This is all rumors and I am not particularly connected to anyone that would know, so take that with a giant grain of salt, but I do think that probably makes the most sense.

The more that idea has settled in, the more I like it. Troy was the play caller at EWU this last year and they were very dynamic. I would love if we could have literally half of their offensive production.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

FWIW, Troy Taylor appears to be a VERY GOOD QB whisperer, which is what we claim to need. He was Jake Browning’s QB coach from 5th grade on and was his HS coach. At EWU he took Gage Gubrud from a walk-on to the all-time best single season QB in FCS history (almost 5800 yards).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Harding will be the OC. Bank on it. Kyle won’t leave his comfort zone