Holiday Bowl Parking is $20 per car, which is reasonable, however …

Viewing 5 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

there are limited spots at the stadium and it fills up 2 hours before gametime. From what I remember the stadium is situated between freeways and there aren’t many other parking options.

I do remember you can take light rail/trolley Northeast from downtown or if your inland West from SDSU’s campus or La Mesa and it drops you off within short walking distance.

Parking

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

The light rail is similar to RES.  It has a station that stops right outside of the stadium.  There are train stations all along the hotel circle and next to old town(not sure where else there are stops).  I am staying in hotel circle so I’ll probably just jump in at one of the mall stops just a few miles from the stadium.  

Ive parked at that stadium before and it is an absolute cluster to get out of.  So if the game is packed it won’t be easy to get out of that lot(not sure how long the wait on the train will be to get out either though).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

20 bucks for Northwestern fans is what they make when they brush their teeth in the morning. I am sure they will just have their Limo drop them off.  

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Where is this Northwestern G-5 landing strip at Qualcomm, er, uh, SDCCU Holiday Bowl?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

The real question is will San Diego have enough room to store all the private Jets? 

Rmndcat
            Ute Fan
            @rmndcat

Most are flying their private jets into Carlsbad. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Take a cab, Uber, or Lyft.  It may take 2-3 hours after the game to catch the trolley because EVERYBODY else will try to do the same.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

I went to the holiday bowl in 2004 and I remember the wait for a trolley being around a half hour. Long wait but not end of the world long. That was a long time ago so maybe it’s better or worse now. Will be more of an issue if it’s a close game and everyone stays until the end.

Tom Doogan
      Ute Fan
      @trolleyevents

I hope this isn’t against the rules and I really am trying to provide info that will make your Holiday Bowl trip better.

Take the Trolley to SDCCU Stadium. Crowds will clear relatively quickly and much faster than the parking lot! Lyft and Uber will be in high demand and may be at surge pricing. Plus, they will be subject to the same traffic jam! The lot has closed off sections for Alumni groups and fireworks, so the capacity is diminished. Here’s the real time saver though, download the free MTS Compass Cloud app and buy your Trolley tickets on your phone. Not only can groups of I believe up to 10 travel together using a single device, you don’t have to pay for a reusable card ($2 per person) at the ticket machines, or pay the convenience fee at the ticket booths ($1 per pass). And you won’t have to wait in the ticket line after the game behind all those people who used one-way tickets to get to the game. But here’s the biggest tip: there is an Express Line to enter the Trolley station after the game, only for fans using the phone app! Instead of getting in the main line, you can bypass it and really save time. As you leave the stadium and are facing the station, there is a main ramp with a ticket booth on each side on the parking lot level. The Express Line entrance is located right behind the west ticket booth in front of the station. It’s well-marked and does require climbing a few steps, so ADA passengers should use the ADA access line instead. Trains will leave every 5 to 7 minutes after the game and each train holds up to 650 passengers. For those coming to San Diego for the game, enjoy your trip and have fun! See you when you get here!

Tom Doogan
        Ute Fan
        @trolleyevents

Here’s a link to a video that shows the Express Line after an NFL game (bigger crowds than for the HB). Back then, the phone app was called mTicket, but the location and procedure is exactly the same for the 2018 Holiday Bowl.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Holiday Bowl Parking is $20 per car, which is reasonable, however …