Houston upsets Louisville!

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

The PAC-12’s chances of getting a team into the playoffs just increased significantly. Louisville was a hot pick to steal away one of the bids with Clemson also being projected to grab a spot. Houston was in the backfield on virtually every play and gave Lamar Jackson fits.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Let the chaos continue!!!! (As long as it isn’t us)

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

If Washington wins out they will be in the playoff. I think if Utah or CU win out they will both be boarder line playoff teams. They may get in they may not.

I think this will be very interesting as things unfold.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Potential four seed on the line for the PAC12 Championship.

I think Utah and Colorado wins this weekend it puts them around 8-10 Utah being lower obviously. Oklahoma and West Virginia also could be interesting probably better if Okie loses. West Virginia becomes borderline but they may dangle it in front of the Big12 just to keep them in the conversation. A potential 8-10 matchup in Boulder the week following with Gameday most likely going to Michigan vs Ohio st. ESPN is on the B1G nutsack like hardtime this season. That is what happens when the SEC sucks.
        Utah beats Colorado where does that put them after a Ohio st win? Washington beats Wazzu and that could get a pretty good matchup for the PAC12 championship.  Ohio st can’t win the B1G? Chaos!!

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ll be top 10 even if we rout Oregon. I doubt they drop Louisville that far. The only other teams above us that might lose are Colorado and Oklahoma. If WVU upsets Oklahoma then they will likely jump us based on the quality of their win.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Tacoma Ute- Louisville hasn’t been playing well for the last several games. 31-0 at halftime they should drop right a long with the entire ACC.

Edutecator
          Ute Fan
          @edutecator

If Penn State wins out Ohio State cannot win their division let alone the B1G championship.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

After tonight I think a 2-loss Pac-12 champ only gets in if OSU/Michigan win the B1G and the Big 12 ends up with co-champions.

Edutecator
        Ute Fan
        @edutecator

Ohio State cannot win the B1G if Penn State wins out.  They cannot win their division.  Only Michigan and Penn State can.  This is because Ohio State lost to Penn State.  I think Utah’s best bet is for Michigan to win the B1G and to beat Ohio State along the way.  If Ohio State beats Michigan then Penn State wins that division (again if they win out, they have Rutgers and Mich St) and could win the Championship Game and then Penn State would be 2 loss B1G champion with losses to Michigan and Pitt (not a bad loss necessarily because Pitt also beat Clemson).  

Anyway, Utah just needs to win and let everything else just play out.  Because as we saw last night, anything can happen.

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

I’m aware. But if Penn State slips up in the last two weeks (unlikely) and Ohio State wins out then they’d play for the B1G championship. Any scenario where the B1G doesn’t come away with a 2-loss champ improves a 2-loss Pac-12 champion’s chances. A 2-loss Penn State/Wisconsin B1G champion gets in and there’s a good chance a 1-loss Ohio State could slide in as well.

Of course this assumes a lot, like Clemson winning the ACC, and nobody is even talking about the potential clusterf— the Big 12 could create.

Anonymous
            Inactive

The scenario I am referring to probably has more chaos. It is clear CFP wants a B1G ten champ and maybe a second B1G team. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

For a 1 or 2 loss PAC12 team to make the play offs , I think a Meatchicken win over OSU would be most advantageous.

If OSU wins, it’s very unlikely that they win the B1G. That would increase the possibility of 2 B1G teams in the playoffs which would almost certainly leave a 2 loss PAC12 team out, and make it that more difficult for a 1 Loss PAC12 team getting that last spot.

But with the way things are going this year, anything could happen.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Houston upsets Louisville!