I hate being that kind of guy but I will anyways

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The Utah dline is getting f**king held so blatantly that I can’t stand it. It is bulls**t and this conference has its own self to blame for the year after year of s**tty officiating. 

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

I haven’t been on here for 3 days because I’ve had to temper my own emotions about Friday’s game and my season expectations, but PAC12 refs are god damn hot garbage.

It hurts.

Brichaute49
        Ute Fan
        @brichaute49

Agreed. They blew the last few seconds of Cal/ol Miss game. I watched the USC left tackle hook his arm into Anae’s right in front of the official. You could call holding on every call but it’s getting ridiculous. Also let’s review a play after the next play has already been run. I could go on but I don’t want to be sour grapes.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Compare that to one of Fotjerongham’s holds. Bad. I’m a full blown conspiracy theorist though. The refs are told to favor the blue bloods. It’s the only logical explanation for the difference in Wjat hold calls and PIs are made.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

How many times before the season even started that it is “good for the overall health of the conference if USC is relevant or at the top of the conference.”  I heard it come from PAC 12 Media Day and since.  Hell even our local hacks were saying it the week of the game with their on air guests.  

I think football is bad but basket ball is even worse.  PAC 12 refs are horrible in basketball.  They call a foul on almost every posession and NEVER let the big men play unless you are Arizona or UCLA.  When our teams get into post season play they get shoved around and out played physically.  They don’t know how to play against the teams from physical conferences like the Big 10, Big East and ACC.  

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I think the Coaches just need to teach our guys how to sell it better at this point.  Probably won’t happen, because it’s against Whittingham’s philosophy, but tell them to get those hands in the air.  That’s the only thing that I can see having any effect.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

They do. I have been watching it. One specific one late Anae was hooked around the neck with his arms up. 

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

I know the one you’re talking about.  It’s been driving my bonkers every time I think about it because a hold, or a sack or havoc play would’ve been so huge at that point in the game.

pleeaaaaseee Larry Scott!  Just fix the refs!   

1 1

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Well let’s just hope the refs keep making headlines in the wrong kind of way!

every black eye helps!!

maybe they can blow a horrible call in our favor when Florida comes to town!

astUTE
              Ute Fan
              @astute

I’m probably being altruistic here, BUT FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, CAN WE ALL WISH FOR AND CAN THEY ALL GET THE DAMNED CALLS RIGHT!?!?!?  Or get fired and replaced by someone who can…

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Holds on Fotu were bad as well.  I’m getting onboard with the conspiracy theories at this point.  Someone in the North Division wants Helton to stay on as the coach really badly.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I wasn’t paying attention to holding on the D-Line – do we have any videos breaking it down?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I rewatched the game and just watched the dline. I typically do and I have seen it fairly consistently not called all season. Anae is getting grabbed like crazy. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I would be happy if they would quit allowing the OL to hold an arm around the neck of the DL from behind. Why is that so difficult to see? Falling on top of someone away from the play and laying on them for 5 seconds is also easy to see. If you go back and look at the replays on the two calls on our TEs and compare it to the often close lines of Anae, you will have questions.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

I was at the game and haven’t gone back to watch it. On USC’s final drive to score when we were within 3, we had them at 3 and 8, I thought I saw Fotu get tackled from behind and get laid on on a 40+ yard completion.  I was freaking out in the stands and couldn’t believe no flag was thrown.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hate being that kind of guy but I will anyways