I have been a big Tavion fan from the first time I saw him play

Viewing 3 reply threads
      8 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

However, there are some issues on and off the field according to KW and they don’t seem to be getting resolved.  We are in the heart of our schedule.  We need an RB1.  It seems to me that this should be Bernard.  If Jackson is ready, we use him in the short yardage situations because he is bigger and stronger.

I am not suggesting we totally dismiss Tavion.  I truly hope that he comes around but until then we need to move on.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A person i know who is supposedly in the know has told me a few things about the Tavion situation which I’m not sure I wish to publicize here. I’m not sure how to beat around the bush on it either. That said, it’s obvious he’s not in a metal state of mind to play football, let alone be the #1 RB. This is an opportunity for TT to either triumph by getting his personal situation resolved and become a possible NFL prospect, or fail to capitalize on numerous opportunities he’s been given. 

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

I think it should be Bernard as well, but I believe he’s still dealing with a lot of cramping and I don’t know if they’ve figured out why, and it’s kept him off the field for long periods of time. Hopefully they can figure it out

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Sounds like a dietary or hydration issue. 

Jake
          Ute Fan
          @jutahfootball

I could be wrong, but don’t you think they would’ve snuffed it out pretty quick if it was as simple as hydration or diet?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They have devoted a lot of time with Bernard on many different things. It was mentioned in a media interview awhile ago after Florida. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

You’d think. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I don’t have any information on Bernard but I do remember Clifton Smith having to have surgery on his calves because the muscles had gotten too dense. Essentially, it looked like a golf course after aeration because they drilled three holes in each calf. His main complaints prior to the surgery had to do with cramping.

Cramping doesn’t always have to do with diet or hydration, even though that is the most common. Persistent would indicate something else is going on.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree. Bernard reminds me of Phillip Lindsay during his CU days. Dude just makes plays between the tackles, catching the ball anywhere, open space running, pass blocking, DB :). He’s a match up nightmare for defenses. Utes cannot afford to lose him with or without TT.

With Curry out and TT trying to figure things out, Utes need JJ or Glover to step up. The JJ RB thing seems odd. Bring JJ in cold for a blotched play call that blew up, than he disappears for most of the game coming in late for a few runs in garbage time. I’m sure there’s more to all of it. A lot to ask of JJ and Glover so new to step into the heavy demands of RB at Utah. Bottom line, football aside, hope TT gets things right for himself if he’s struggling having come so far. 

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

Pickle juice!

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

There is a thread from early yesterday AM, that basically discusses this issue. 

The thread is titled Solo, Glover, Ja’Quinden, Tavion… 

I point you to this, as Onlyu provided some insight, as to the Running Backs room, etc… And Onlyu has proven to be a Reliable Source. 

Go Utes !!

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Running back was suppose to be a position of depth . I haven’t seen anything that suggested that with the eye test thus far .. maybe Bernard.. Glover has some glimpses .. Thomas situation really hasn’t helped either

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I have been a big Tavion fan from the first time I saw him play