Viewing 3 reply threads

Summit Ute
      Ute Fan
      @summitute

before the game.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I stopped chanting that many many years ago when I realized that if (for example) your team does well against a team ranked #10, and if they are over-rated, then you weren’t good enough to have that performance against the #10 team.

I remember one time during the Maji years, we were highly ranked and had beaten visiting Wyoming by A LOT  and the visiting fans are still chanting over-rated as they left the building.  And I’m thinking that they are saying that a bad team just blew them off of the court.

Craig
      Ute Fan
      @utereprobate

Wow, I agree you don’t chant that pre-game.

And don’t they live in a wierd world?  I just popped over to cougarboard to see something about Tennessee like the posts here about NIU.  But, no the top 10 recent threads are: 1 Basketball, and the rest are about:  dirty Utes, Poo-poo, What is wrong with our recruiting?, Long ago against Utah, etc.   Zero about their next opponent.  Is their season over already or what?

I’m looking forward to the NIU game to see how the offense does and if a different but good opponent defense will lead to a more balanced run/pass ratio.  Will Huntley connect deep? How ready will we be for USC in 3 weeks?  How mcuh time will the 2 deep see?  Stuff like that interests all of us looking forward, but they are still exclusilvely looking back.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

They’re so obsessed about the Utah game down there that the rest of the schedule has little meaning to them.  They have a chance in a few days to face an SEC team which is down right now, but has a strong tradition (including a national championship in the late 90s), but seem ho-hum about that game.

Tabasco
      Ute Fan
      @tabasco

The irony 😂

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah again with the Irony. NIU just isn’t exciting.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I love how you can hear the “Overrated” chant from the TDS student section