“I was Kyle’s first OC,” Ludwig says. “My intention is to be his last OC.”

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Dnews link

Gets you pretty hyped for a new offense and some senior leadership. 

Utah has combed the coaching ranks searching for OCs since Ludwig left the school following the undefeated 2008 season that ended with a victory over mighty Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. In that game the Utes produced one of the most brilliantly conceived and executed offensive game plans in memory, and Ludwig was in the middle of it all. The Ute offense averaged 37 points per game that season, a mark no Utah team has come close to approaching since then.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

We won’t be as wide open as what we did to beat Alabama, but more to that end of the spectrum,” says Ludwig. “It’s based on what we can do so the players can do what they do well. This program is built for three and four wide receiver sets.

The article outlines a very good career and almost makes me wonder where Utah would be if he had stayed after 2008.

I kind of want to already disagree with him. I don’t know if Utah has the talent at WR. As much as he noted the amount of turnovers. Somewhat skewed by the awful games to end the year. The drops by the WR have been a systematic problem for such a long time. Covey is about the only one I have confidence in and he had a broken hand or wrist. I would rather see more TE and less WR. The TE’s looked very promising and could help with blocking for Huntley and Moss. Maybe he is already saying that I am just reading into it too much.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

That Covey to Fotheringham throw catch in the UCLA game, and other catches, make me think Fotheringham may have some of the surest hands on the team.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Last OC this decade 😉

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The comments on how Ludwigs teams are very good at fundamentals is true. I think Utah lost a lot of that when he left. I am optimistic for sure. If he can turn Enis and others into Freddy Browns we have ourselves an offense. 

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

The scenic byway that is littered with past Utah offensive coordinators was paved with good intentions. I hope he does well and stays though.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “I was Kyle’s first OC,” Ludwig says. “My intention is to be his last OC.”