I watched the Utah/CU football game from last December on the P12 network

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

A couple of thoughts:

– I miss football!!!

– Playing in empty stadiums with phony crowd noise was weird 

– We had a below-average QB and still won by 17 on the road.  With a good QB – we should have a very good offense IMO.

– Covey and Kuithe had solid games

– Watching #22 made me feel sad.  He scored on a long TD run and his fellow players came up to him to celebrate.  He held his hand out and didn’t want to make a big deal about it.  I wish we could have seen him play out his career.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

He gave all of the credit to the O line too. He was an awesome guy. Very sad indeed.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

#22 was indeed special. Obviously an incredible running back; making openings when nothing was there; digging deep for the extra yards; giving a burst of speed when least expected; making the defender absorb the blow from him (instead of the other way around). 

And, as you point out, what made him really stand out (from a fan perspective) was his mannerisims on the field and sidelines. He always gave credit to others; he didn’t showboat; he had a blue-collar type mentality – which I just love. From people that knew him, it sounds like he also often had a smile and was extremely positive. He will be sorely missed.

I cannot think of any time where I was more excited about the future of a player on the Utes than #22. I could not stop gushing about him as the season was going on – thinking we had him for a few more seasons.

There was a 30 for 30 a few years ago titled “The Best That Never Was.” It about a prodigy RB that had his future derailed mostly by injuries. Not the same situation, of course. But I sometimes think about it in the context of Jordan. Just heartbreaking.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

The only thing I’d add was their middle linebacker that got hurt was an absolute game changer. It was a night/day difference once he was taken off the field for an injury. Dude is wicked good. Landman I think was his name.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Landman was lights out. Total stud. Yeah, that made a massive difference when he left the game.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Landmann is coming back.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I watched the Utah/CU football game from last December on the P12 network