If Georgia beats LSU in the SEC champ, Georgia and LSU are in.

Viewing 4 reply threads

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

This seems like an excellent reason for the SEC to fix this game. Would they? Absolutely yes, no doubt about it. We are talking about hundreds of millions of dollars here. People do much much worse things for much much less money.

Discuss.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

No, LSU is not going to lose on purpose to help Georgia.  They want the #1 seed back and will try to make sure they get it.  If we get the 4 seed both LSU and Ohio st will be trying their hardest to play us in the 1st playoff game.  The other has to play Clemson.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The SEC maybe. But I seriously doubt LSU would purposely lose to let Georgia in. Look at Oregon and ASU. would have been better for the PAC 12 to have Oregon win but ASU doesnt care and they shouldn’t. LSU is going to have the same mindset.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Why? Why does every conference have to play elimination games in November but the SEC gets a pass? Why is it that Penn St was just eliminated after their loss to Ohio State and Georgia/LSU loser is still in? It’s ridiculous. 

So, Penn State gets penalized because they play Ohio State and LSU/Georgia get rewarded for not playing each other? 

Baylor and Oklahoma play each other in the season and get hurt when they have to play a second time. 

It makes no sense. The SEC Schedules down so hard it’s pathetic. 

LSU did not play two “losable” games in a row. 

Why would they be rewarded with playoffs if they lose their last game? 

Am I taking insane pills? 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Also, if LSU loses and Oklahoma and Utah both have one loss and won big in their conference championship game, LSU ain’t getting in the playoffs. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

One would hope. LSU deserves a shot though. Eyeball test for me says they are one of the best in the country. 

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

I agree with your argument, except the Penn State part – they have two losses and that’s that.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree with where you are coming from, but take a step back. It’s so stupid. Penn State just needs to quit playing Ohio State in the regular season then. 

LSU didn’t play Georgia this year. If Penn State skips Ohio State, they only have one loss. Then when undefeated OSU plays Penn St and Penn St wins, two teams in baby!

The SEC shouldn’t be rewarded for playing easier schedules. Other conferences have more losses not because they aren’t as good as the SEC, but because the SEC has 8 conf games, 14 members and they don’t play each other. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

But they are rewarded. The CFP had a chance to drop Bama straight to 7-8. Nope they all talked about how they kept them there because it is Bama and the SEC needs this top heavy mystique. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

LSU played Bama, Florida, Auburn, Texas, and Texas A&M.  Plus they will have played Georgia in the SEC championship.  If you’re being rational you know that schedule is wayyy stronger than ours.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I never said ours was stronger. I’m just saying their schedule is so tough they should get any sort of benefit of the doubt. Let’s look at their schedule, shall we? 

Georgia Southern then at Texas. So, a scrimmage then a real game. And their real game? A barely .500 team. Then Northwestern State and Vandy. Two more scrimmages. 

Then a bye week.

Utah State, another patsie then Florida. So, up to this point, they haven’t really played anyone. And I know, I know, Florida is amazing, right? Let’s see: Florida has played three good games: Auburn, LSU and Georgia and 8 laughable games. How are they in their tough games: 1-2. 

Then Miss St then Auburn. Again, Miss St is a bad team. 

Then bye week before Alabama then two more terrible teams in Ole Miss and Arkansas. 

So, where have they played two tough games in a row? Or anything close to what USC has played? 

And as for Texas A&M…They’ve played 4 good teams and 7 terrible ones. They are 0-4 vs the good teams. They ain’t that good. 

NOW, I never said Utah’s schedule was tougher. 

I’m just saying LSU hasn’t had some world beater schedule that is sooooo hard they should get in if they lose to A&M. 

They have had a realtively easy schedule with some tough teams but no real challenges. 

Give USC LSU’s schedule and LSU USC’s schedule and I bet their records would be very similar…

It’s the schedule. Schedule down. 

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

If they lose to Texas A&M and then beat #4 Georgia, they are in for sure.  If they beat Texas A&M and lose to Georgia they will still be ranked above us.  If they lose to both, they are out.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If Georgia beats LSU in the SEC champ, Georgia and LSU are in.