If you could get 1 player from the portal to transfer to Utah, who would it be?

Viewing 8 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Dorian Singer for me. I want to see what we can do with an elite WR in the mix. Who’s your pick, and why?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

His highlight reel reminds me of Carrington. They can catch anything and have amazing body control.
      He has to be number one coaches list.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yep, we have had some good WRs, but Carrington was on another level. Can you imagine an O with a “throw” game to Kuithe, Vele, Singer, Parks, Cope.. Holy!!

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Definitely singer, or more line guys. I believe you can’t have enough of them

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

For me:

1. Dorian Singer – absolute star WR1 who catches everything. Haven’t had a guy like him since Carrington. If we could get him and Cam, Vele, and Kuithe all come back, our offense would be ridiculous. But every team in the nation seemingly wants him, including several much more pass happy offenses than ours. I can’t imagine we get him, unless he wants to stay out West and for some reason doesn’t like Oregon.

2. Junior Anguilau – bummed we didn’t get him out of high school. He was great at Texas before getting injured last year and would be an amazing replacement for Braeden Daniels, and also help keep the OL in great shape until Fano and Lomu are back from missions. And unlike with Singer, I think we have a good shot here.

HM – DJ Uiagalelei – only if Cam doesn’t come back. If Cam leaves, DJ would be awesome. Plus rumors persist that he and his 5-star DL brother Matayo want to play together, which if true would be a huge package get. But if Cam stays there’s no way DJ would come here (nor should he) so I can’t really get my hopes up on this one (which is not to say I would be bummed if Cam comes back – nothing could be further from the truth. I’d be ecstatic if he does).

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

Spencer Sanders Oklahoma State QB if Rising isn’t back.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Interesting choice. I haven’t been very impressed with Sanders. He seems wildly inconsistent. Any maybe it’s the Bentley/Brewer effect, but I get washed up vibes from him. I think Uiagalelei, McCall, Armstrong would be much better candidates. Hey, but maybe Rising comes back, and this won’t be factor.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Singer is also number one for me.  I am not sure if we are in the mix for him.  The one that I know we are in mix for is Holker.  Holker was the MVP his senior year for the state champ Lehi.  He had a very good freshman year for BYU.  Then he went on a mission and BYU changed coordinators.  They no longer use their tight ends much.  Ludwig knows how to use his tight ends.  If we get Lyons, he won’t be playing until at least 2025.  So we could really use Holker.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Dorian Singer…no one else is even close…

URow
      Ute Fan
      @urow

For me, Brennan Armstrong should get some consideration for QB if Rising leaves. Having a deep ball thrower would open up the playbook. He’s a capable runner, accurate, and good leader. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

+1 to Armstrong getting serious consideration.

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

If we’re looking at a portal QB (and I’m not sure we want/need one with Nate Johnson), then give me Hudson Card over Armstrong or even DJ U

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Yep, Dorian Singer. An elite WR is all that is missing to take the offense to the next level. We’re fortunate that we’ve had amazing TEs, but an offense will always be somewhat limited without elite WR play.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If you could get 1 player from the portal to transfer to Utah, who would it be?