If YOU had to motivate the team this year, how would YOU do it?

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

It’s late, I’m awake, let’s try something different.

Imagine that Kyle was too hoarse before the USC game (or any other game on the schedule) and asked you to fill in for him with an empassioned motivational speech. 

What would you say to the team to help them do their best/reach their potential?

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

As KW said in his PAC 12 talk, you have to ignore the hype, take it one game at a time.

The best football teams are self motivated, led by player-leadership, who take the tone/culture from the coaches – starting at the top with the head coach.  If the player-leadership is taking the leadership mantle, it frees the coaches to focus on strategy, game-planning, etc.  Teams that struggle require the coaches to lead, as morale falls apart if adversity strikes.

There’s a lot of CFP hype & pressure creeping in, so as coaches you don’t want to spend a lot of time picking the team off the mat if we stumble out of the gate.  The BYU game is a microcosm of how we’re going to handle the hype. 

We have to honor the process, be prepared, and execute.  After getting down 27-7 last year, we owe ourselves a focused, serious effort, so let’s get this season off the right way.

(If we stub our toes on the 29th, then you fall back and re-emphasize one-game-at-a-time, with winning the league as the primary goal, anything beyond that will take care of itself.  We’ll have 2 games to get our act together before USC, if that happens.)

2 2

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’d tell them that anarcho-leftism is anarcho-syndicalism. Although it is a workerist ideology, its few working-class adherents are elderly. Although it is by definition a union-oriented ideology, there is no perceptible syndicalist presence in any union. A syndicalist is more likely to be a professor than a proletarian, more likely to be a folk singer than a factory worker. Organizers on principle, syndicalists are disunited and factionalized. Remarkably, this dullest of all anarchisms attracts some of the most irrational and hysterical adherents. Only a rather small minority of North American anarchists are syndicalists. Syndicalism will persist, if at all, as a campus-based cult in increasing isolation from the main currents of anarchism.

3 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And then, when Whitt shoves you out of the way, will you say, “Help help I’m being repressed. Come see the violence inherent in the system.”

ProvoUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @provoutefan

The most inspirational speech I’ve heard:

What? Over? Did you say ‘over’? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!…

It ain’t over now, ’cause when the goin’ gets tough, the tough get goin’. Who’s with me? Let’s go! Come on!

What the f–k happened to the Delta I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. ‘Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you, Bluto, we might get in trouble.’ (shouting) Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Wormer, he’s a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If YOU had to motivate the team this year, how would YOU do it?