If you had to pick….

Viewing 12 reply threads

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Just for fun I’m curious….go back in time a couple weeks right after the Oregon State loss. You were probably like me thinking the season is going to tank. If you didn’t good on you, superfan. Either way, lets say you could only wish a win over USC at the Colosseum primetime on Fox, or a win at home with Gameday against the Ducks, which would you choose? You only get one.
      We all know we’re going to get both 😉 but just for interest sake……

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

We could lose every game the rest of the season, no single game in the regular season could beat the look of CW face last week

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

What if a UO win (instead of a USC win) guarantees a P12 CCG berth?

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Start of the season I wanted wins over the LA schools more than anything else and out of those 2, would go with USC just because we beat them twice last year and heard endless excuses about bad calls in the first game and Caleb not being 100% in the second game (that is NOT why their defense gave up 47 points). Glad we went 2-0 against those two for our time against them.

4 1

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

If you told me Cam wasn’t coming back I would have thought the season was going to be a disaster. Good thing the the coaching and P-5 depth have allowed the Utes to accomplish what they have so far. That said, I am worried that the Utes win over USC is making everyone too confident this week — fans at least. Good thing its a home game, but its still Oregon, who are dangerous, and the Utes still have Washington and much-improved Arizona on the road. Then the Deion show hits SLC, who knows where that circus will be by the end of November?

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

100% agree plains ute. The rest of this season could be ugly.

That said, to answer the original question, I’ll take beating USC every day of the week. In return for USC breaking the PAC12, I’m glad it’s Utah that had the fortune of breaking USC in turn. Screw those guys!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

These questions are hard for me. Because the only reason game day is coming here is because the Utes won at the Coliseum.

I would take a win over USC any day. It is a big win because Whitt has sucked at ranked road wins.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I want whatever maximizes our chances of making the P12 CCG (and potentially CFP). So in the context of this season, I’d pick a win over UO. A H2H vs UO gives us a major advantage; USC is more likely to lose down the stretch.

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

My opinion a win over OU will do more for our program in the eyes of recruits and the nation but as a fan castrating USC so they are purposeless the rest of the season (pretty much) is all I could ask for in retribution for killing the Pac12

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’d choose to beat USC. They started the demise of the PAC and i don’t want them anywhere near the CCG. I’d rather any other team win it than them if it isn’t the Utes.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

A win over USC gets far more media attention for Utah than a win over Oregon. So, I’d probably pick the win over USC.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Oregon, so we could keep the home-winning streak alive.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Pre-season expectation: 9 win year, including a bowl game (expecting the Las Vegas Bowl)

Otherwise:

1. Beat the P12 Killers USC & UCLA – done! Bonus one of the OR/WA games.
      2. Win a 3rd PAC-12 Championship – Unlikely, but reasonable.
      3. Win the Rose Bowl – The Dream!
      4. Go to the Playoff – The Fantasy!

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

3 and 4 go hand in hand seeing as how, if I remember correctly, the Rose Bowl is one of the semi final locations this year.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

Absolutely rather beat USC. The smugness of USC and Southern Californians to me is no different than being in a room full of vapers. Vapists? Vapists. Whatever, it’s unbearable and they are comically nose-blind to their own obnoxiousness.

Oregon has some smugness, but they are also kind of a smaller program that got big in modern times (using someone else’s money, but they had to figure out the best way to “USE” that money instead of just leaning on being in LA). I think Oregon is more of Utah’s roadmap. I hate USC. And vapists.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The USC win has great impact for recruiting in California. All the drama at USC has made this win something HS kids will remember more than any Pac outcome this year. Oregon at home is an easier game, unless TOs swing the game away from us this is an easier game to get without a wish being granted. With the exception of Washington, all the remaining games are doable. We will have to see if we can get them by playing well in series. Washington will be a stretch but I expect they look down their list of games and worry most about Utah and OSU.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If you had to pick….