Alex Jensen recruiting pitch:

Viewing 1 reply thread

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I was the primary player development coach for Rudy Gobert, 2x NBA DPOY ($205mm contract), despite being a late 1st round draft pick that was traded for cash. Below is an old interview but it’s Alex discussing his D League coaching experience vs. the NBA, pretty insightful, he discusses the D-league attraction of coaching because of fewer games, more time for player development something he would get as a college coach.

https://youtu.be/HcT6R6_0Bt0 

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

I get that he’s not the nationally sexy hire, and maybe a controversial local hire with folks skeptical about his HC inexperience, but he may just be exactly the right guy. And he doesn’t want it, no worries. I don’t blame him if the NBA is where he wants to stay. Totally understandable.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

?? Anyone casting doubts on his experience or abilities is an idiot. Jensen has the coaching pedigree, the experience and understanding of the NBA game. Which I think the third thing is what matters to kids. I would say his understanding of the NBA game is about 30 million times that of who we had for the past ten years. I don’t really see any recruiting cons or anything. I think he would kill it as head coach in college. Probably my number one choice second would be Bryant.

FountainofUte
          Ute Fan
          @fountainofute

I’m with you. I’m not as nervous as some about his lack of HC experience. When someone has “it” things will be fine, and AJ has “it.” I think someone like Moser might hit the ground faster in some ways, but I think AJ is actually the better bet the longer he’s here. I think he has more to offer than many guys like Moser, Smith, and Pope.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Alex Jensen recruiting pitch: