I’m so excited to see our Safeties at work this fall.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We are deep and versatile. Hansen and Blair are big enough to play LB and fast enough to play safety. I’d bet Scalley is so excited for what he can do with these guys. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Will they turn around and make a play? Seems to be the one thing we haven’t been good at.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Hopefully they learn to wrap up and tackle as opposed to just delivering a hit. You can blow somebody up but he’ll just bounce off like a pinball and keep going if you don’t bring him down.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Agreed, Tony. Getting heads around to make a play on the ball has been a huge weakness.

Looking at you, Brian Allen.

(Don’t get me wrong, I wish him all the best in the NFL).

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Hopefully they have spent the last 6 months practicing turning around 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We have some very interesting talent across the board on defense. A lot of it unproven but I think at the least it’s guaranteed we won’t have a massive drop off in athleticism at any one spot like we did LB this year 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I thought Corrion Ballard looked massive and played well in the spring game. Exciting. 

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

He is very Tevin Carter like but much faster.  He got a couple huge hits in the R&W game.  He and Chase will rock guys coming over the middle.  I am also excited to see if Jaylon Johnson can come in and take one of the CB positions as a true freshman.  I think this could develop into our best defense ever.  We red shirted a ton of talent on defense last year and they were all very high rated recruits.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I didn’t realize we redshirted so many guys last year. Which ones are you most excited for? 

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

Just on the D-Line alone:  Maxs Tupai, Pita Tonga, Davir Hamilton, Hautu Pututau and Mark Kruger.  We have some serious D-Line depth.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Much faster than Tevin Carter? That is incredible. TC was a burner.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Scalley must absolutely be drooling over Tuttle. 😉

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

You DE assessment is without merit.  Fitts was on IR all season Hunter was first team Pac 12 and Pita had such a crappy season that he got drafted in the 6th round by the Niners.  As for safety, you have obviously not seen Corrion Ballard in the flesh.  

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

My response was to Crimson.  Looks like he got edited off this post.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

He had a meltdown and had to be put in time out I think.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

A mod who actually regulates the site from trolls looking for attention.   ‘CrimsonComrade’ (his newest of many names) ran uncontrolled and disruptively on that other site.  Respect Tony!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

More likely it was Moose using Comrade Crimson’s name. SOP for that dude is to create accounts using known posters names.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Regulators!!! Mount up. 

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Tony runs the best damn site out there!

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

He’s been banned from every site you can imagine time and time again under countless names. He never gives up though. lol

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

He’ll undoubtedly resurface under his other name here – UteHubFanGirl. Until then let’s just enjoy the peace and quiet.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

It was Moose…  He posted it gleefully. Didn’t know Comrade Crimson was a user.  No disrespect intended to CC. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m so excited to see our Safeties at work this fall.