I’m still optimistic

Viewing 3 reply threads

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Yes last night was super frustrating to watch. Points left on the field. The penalties/ lack of discipline in some areas, scheme wasn’t as good as what Kalani came up with and our coaches are better, Moss lost for who knows how long, etc. But they will be better next game, and I still like our chances to finally beat Wazzu again. I am really looking forward to tailgating with family and friends next weekend which is what really matters. Go Utes!

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I wish I shared your optimism. WSU has a better QB than we saw last night and receivers that are pretty close to equal. I think our secondary is going to get gashed all night. I’d be surprised if we keep it within 14 points.

I think our only shot at the South at this point is hoping USC and ASU both lose 3, maybe even 4 Pac12 games.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Their QB and receivers are better than what they had last year? I’m not so sure – and recall we kept it pretty close last year on the road.

I’m optimistic not just about next weekend but also the remainder of the season. I think a lot of what we saw last night can be addressed. We started out last year on a skid but still got the south. It’s not over. Sorry to sunshine on everyone’s rain parade.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

I also fault our soft schedule thus far. Not having to ‘open up the playbook’ also means not practicing everything in game scenario. Not to mention boring for fans. I think we’ll see a far improved team next weekend in terms of execution.

3 1

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I think we’ll beat WSU by quite a bit. I think our hopes of doing anything remarkable were exposed as false last night. Probably 6-3 and 2nd in the south. Another $#!+ Bowl game.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

USC is a completely different team home vs road.

I’m hoping that we are too.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m still optimistic