In the OBVIOUS hypothetical department for the South race

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So if we like to fantasize about CFP three seed I think it hinges on some fairly obvious factors. No it doesn’t include the might TDS win over the worst Tennessee team since 1988. 

Utah needs to win out. Obviously I think they get in this way. However to push Utah over the edge I think they also need USC to lose against Utah and that is it. Just one loss for USC to help Utah out. Help even more if ND is undefeated on 10/12. I don’t think you could exclude Utah under that scenario. A win over a one loss Oregon and I would say it is a lock. 

I don’t see a one loss Utah into the CFP. Itcould possibly push Oregon in depending on Auburns resume. Assuming Utah is undefeated going into the P12 championship. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I don’t know if anyone is going to stop the traditional powers this year.  Even if we run the table, tOSU, ‘Bama or UGA, Clemson, and Oklahoma may all go undefeated this year.  Texas might get Oklahoma, but I’m not confident.  LSU could get someone along the way as well, so could Auburn, but no one is beating Clemson this year unless a LOT of people get hurt.  Penn State might get tOSU, Michigan is looking like they’re not up to the task, don’t know what to make of Sparty except they’re going to kill ASU.  Might be a down year for traditional Pac-12 powers, but everyone else looks pretty good.  Where am I going with this?  I guess what I’m trying to say is that it seems like a great year for Utah to with the Pac-12, but not go to the playoff, even if we do manage to run the table.  We’ll see how it turns out.  Gotta get them Bengals first!

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

After playing Texas A&M Clemson really has no one left on their schedule.  No one else in ACC is ranked.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

The fact that the PAC12 has been left out of the last 2 CFP’s could play in the PAC’s favor. If someone runs the table and is undefeated and wins the PAC championship, the committee might be hard pressed to lock us out again. Even if some other high profile teams go undefeated. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think this year will push it to an 8 team playoff. Asterisks champion year 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In the OBVIOUS hypothetical department for the South race