Inept PAC12 refs

• Next: Cal – Sat 10/26 8PM – FS1 TV

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Re-watching the extra quarter PAC12 refs forced Utah & ISU to play right before the half. There are no words to describe how inept that crew was. Twas a comedy of errors.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Why don’t we ever hear back from the PAC12 on these calls? An explanation? An apology? Anything?

Are our coaches just not pressing the issue or what?

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Catch 22 there. He definitely lowers his head and leads with the crown of the helmet to the chest … but if he keeps his head up he hits him in his freaking facemask. I’ve given up even hoping to know what targeting is anymore – except for one case: in no universe was Chase Hansen’s hit against Colorado targeting.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Perfect form tackle!  I also thought the targeting call they gave ISU and then rescinded was also not targeting.  PAC 12 officials have no clue what is and is not targeting.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I always thought perfect form was leading with your shoulder. Huh.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

QB chest wide open, facemask right on the numbers, arms pound and wrap, hips follow thru. I’d be damn proud of that tackle if I were #93.

MFury
            Ute Fan
            @mfury

^^ That’s how I was taught. But this season started coaching for my sons youth team. The league makes us teach to lead with the shoulder then try to wrap. I don’t know if it is a Canada thing, or just this league.

They are worried about injury, but it seems to me that if a kid messes up leading with his shoulder he is more likely to be crown down direct into the player – the huge risk.

Anyone else seeing changes in how tacking is taught?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Fan Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Inept PAC12 refs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  MFury 1 month ago.