Interwebs saying Armand Shyne is transferring.

cjd1
    Ute Fan
    @cjd1

Did not attend practice today.

Chidojuan
    Ute Fan
    @chidojuan

DHC seems like he’s improved a lot based on the practice reports.  With him, Wilmore, Brumfield and Green, and Moss as the Cherry on top, I can see why he made that decision.

1 3

BattleGroundUte
    Ute Fan
    @battlegroundute

Shyne was great at times but reminded me of Joe Williams at times. Heart not in it. 

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Shyne never had the talent and speed of Joe or the strength/ drive of Moss.  What Joe did against UCLA still inspires me.  Regardless, I wish him well.

BattleGroundUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I wrote that in a hurry. What I meant is a Shyne can run as one of best at times. But at other times he reminded me of an uninspired Joe Williams. When Joe retired it was for good measure he just wasn’t right. I agree though the UCLA game is one of the best performances by a running back ever collegiately I have seen. 

Tony
    Admin/Founder
    @admin

Not surprised and not disappointed. Wish him well. He was a crucial part of our successful season last year.

3 1

PhiladelphiaUte
    Ute Fan
    @philadelphiaute

Bummer. While not our best RB, he’s clearly in the Top-3, so that counts as a hit to our depth.

Oh well. Good luck to him.

noneyadb
    Ute Fan
    @noneyadb

Surprised it took this long. Figured he’d transfer after Moss decided to return.

RiseasUtes
    Ute Fan
    @riseasutes

I like him, but he was never the same after his injury.  He was always looking down and missing the holes.  I wish the guy luck, but with DHC, Green, and Wilmore behind Moss he likely wasn’t going to see the ball much.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yep. Every time I saw him run, it was tentative. He didn’t run with the “violence” coach likes. And yes, he missed the holes continually. Every time, I thought “Moss would have hit that hole correctly.”

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

He was a monster in the fourth quarter during the comeback against the Cougars.  Sorry to see him leave but wish him well.

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

No question, if there’s one memory I’ll have of Shyne it will be that go ahead TD run against BYU.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

True that.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

Earlier that game, Utah had a 4th and 1 at midfield.  Shyne was met at the line and kept churning his legs single handedly push back the defenders to get that vital first down.

Shine on Shyne!

BattleGroundUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Still hilarious how it only took a quarter to beat them again. Fah they suck. 

BattleGroundUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah has a too much talent at RB problem. Only so many touches. Let’s just hope Moss puts the game to bed early. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interwebs saying Armand Shyne is transferring.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  BattleGroundUte 2 months, 4 weeks ago.