Is it just me or…

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Has the Pac-12 improved its basketball ref situation this year???

just seems like foul counts are Down, they’re letting teams play for a change and there is less absurd foul calls.

It seems Utah had a reasonable foul count and that Oregon osu game had a tight foul count too.

on the other hand… the Utah state game had 49 foul calls.  This wasn’t an OT game either.  Lots of absurd foul calls too.  Do we still share refs with them??

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’ve always felt like the ticky tack soft reffing in the PAC 12 does the opposite of help teams for the tourney. The PAC 12 gets in the tourney, gets roughed up because they aren’t used to a different style of tougher play.

2 2

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Improved overall. Problem is too inconsistent. Crazy Gonzaga and SDSU right now are projected as 1 seeds in the NCCA tourney. In general, both of these schools are consistently good. Fisher and Few are examples of coaches who know how to build and sustain programs.

SDSU has been in the NCAA tourney 8 of the last 11 years. Coach K is not even close to these guys. Utah has been in the NCAA tourney twice in roughly the same time frame and likely won’t get there any time soon especially if half the team follows recent trends and transfers at the end of the season. I hope this team stays together after this season. 

snafu
        Ute Fan
        @snafu

Didn’t Fisher retire a few years back?

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

The referees are from the Western Officiating Consortium. The Pac12, Big Sky, Mtn West, West Coast, Big West and WAC share the same referees.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

it Sure looks like the Pac-12 has improved things a bit on the basketball front.

id be concerned with anything that calls itself a consortium though…

hipefully we don’t have to see those aggie officials cause… yikes…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Is it just me or…