Is there anyone else that is secretly hoping that the Pac-12 goes to a

Viewing 4 reply threads

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

Conference only football schedule. The schedule would be harder, but the games would be more exciting. 

There is also a little satisfaction knowing that the team down south might get screwed over by this. haha.

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I’m not secretly hoping for it, I’m openly hoping for just to see Greg Hughes throw a tantrum and audit the U again. 

But, it looks like the season is happening one way or the other. Which is fantastic news in my mind, especially since I took advantage of people not renewing their season tickets and got some for the wife and I!

tysnowboarder88
        Ute Fan
        @tysnowboarder88

Whenever I see one of Greg Hughes Governor adds I always point out that he is an asshat for freaking out that Utah wanted to cancel the byu game. He also was trying to hide that he is to make millions from the inland port. He was the biggest advocate for it. Turns he owns tons of land next to where the inland port was placed. I thought it was strange that he was so adamant that it go in a certain place in the valley.

7 1

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

He is the biggest asshat in the state, currently. He’s the reason i registered as a Republican for the first time in my life last week. 

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

I don’t get it.  If you think Hughes is an asshat — which he IS — how is registering as a member of that asshat’s political party going to improve anything?

UrbanLiar
              Ute Fan
              @urbanliar

Republican Party only lets registered members of their party vote in the primary election in June. The winner will almost certainly defeat the sacrificial Democrat candidate in November. The only way to ensure Hughes doesn’t get elected is to register as a Republican and vote for another candidate. I registered my 4 family members as Republican last week just for this purpose.

Dwight89
              Ute Fan
              @jordan-buckner

Because now I can vote in the Republican Primary to do my part to ensure Hughes doesn’t become the Republican nominee for governor (you have to be a registered Republican to vote in the Republican Primary). 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Maybe Greg would audit the entire PAC12.  

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Like Dwight89, I too have been openly crossing my fingers for a COVID-19 induced “conference only” schedule, but ONLY in the case where the other P5 leagues do so likewise.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I wish they’d go conference only every year with one OOC game. Play Weber St every year to tune up, then 11 amazing games in a row. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This is my hope as well. From a business standpoint it makes sense and makes the regular season more like a playoff.  ONLY if every power conference does it. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Only one thing would be needed to make it happen: Every P5 champ makes the playoffs. 

Then you don’t need to go undefeated so an easy SOS isn’t very important. To maximize dollars you have 11 conference games and the champ goes to the playoffs. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I don’t think the SEC plays FCS teams just so they can go undefeated. It’s more about keeping their teams healthy throughout the season to win the conference championship as evidenced by their teams routinely scheduling their FCS games as pseudo bye weeks later in the season rather than playing them early in the season like almost everyone else.

SEC would still schedule FCS like they do now.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

That is just it. They want 8 conference games, fcs fluff, some G5 school and one quality non conference. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Wait….you WANT to play Weber St?  I for one would like to never again see a single FCS opponent on our schedule.  We don’t NEED that caliber of opponent to tune up against, and we couldn’t tune up against them anyway.  They’re too easy, and only serve to leave our team feeling overconfident.  If we want a tune up game, pick UNLV, SJSU, UTSA, Rice, FAU, FIU, USF, UMass, or UConn.  Or even P5 programs like Vandy, WF, Kan, and Rutg.

But NOT an FCS opponent.  Ever!

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Agree about no FCS ever.  Hell we have about a dozen MWC teams with which we have traditional historical ties.  Play them instead of all the boring one-sided games against the Big Sky.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I would be fine with this as well. As long as every P5 agrees to it. 

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

What we need is a playoff ranking system that severely punishes teams for playing FCS schools (just like playing teams with RPI of 350 hurts your hoops team rating.)

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

That won’t happen because they love the SEC and don’t care about the 9 game conference schedule. 

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

These 4 teams would make the PAC-12 the best conf. in the country:Texas,OU,BSU,and BYU…what do you guys think of this idea?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

No.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Texas, TTU, OU and OSU would be way better.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Cesar:

How would adding ybU-p make the Pac-12 better?  They’re so midmajory.  Had you not SEEN their records these past few years?  And those records came ala weak SOS.  If you play weak SOS — like Boise St for example — you should have a glossy W/L record.

Personally, I would hope that the Pac-12 never expands, because if it does, it’ll amount to “eastern” expansion (i.e. Tex and Okla), which would put Utah in the East division.  But the primary bulk of Utah’s alumni footprint put us in “Utah” and “California”.  An East division would disrupt that.  One of the reasons why Colorado opted to leave the Big XII for the Pac-12 was due to the fact that THEIR primary alumni footprint was in “Colorado” and “California”.

Besides, annual trips with L.A. sure beats an “Austin/Norman” rotation.  Or at least it would be for the fans.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

It absolutely doesn’t matter. The Pac-12 presidents will never admit BYU. They value academic freedom, which means if they don’t adhere to current liberal idealogy, they won’t be admitted.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is there anyone else that is secretly hoping that the Pac-12 goes to a