Is this hype too much

• Next: @ BYU – Thu Aug 29 8:15pm – ESPN TV

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was listening to ESPN 700 yesterday when I was out running errands.  Bill had a guest who produces a college football publication (only P5 teams).  I can’t remember his name.  Bill claims that this guy has the best prediction rate of any publication over the last 5 years and Phil Steele is second.  This guy has Utah in the final four and Alabama out.

I enjoy hearing this kind of thing, but it’s even a bit much for this long-time Utah football fan.  We didn’t even end last season in the top 25 after our loss to Northwestern.  It seems that the hype-train got started by a couple of guys last January and more and more people are jumping on that train.  I would love to end up in the CFC, but I don’t think we have the offensive line or overall depth (except D-line) to be able to compete at that level.  I hope I am wrong.  If we stay generally healthy, I believe this could be a very fun season and possibly include a Rose Bowl bid.

Go Utes!!!

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

Tony
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I fixed your youtube video. Please do not use an iframe or embed. Just paste the URL in the text area (web) or use the video button (UteHub App). For more: https://www.utehub.com/help

12 1

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Why do you think it’s a bit much? It’s great for recruiting even if they fall short of expectations. Being in the conversation is awesome.

More hype. More exposure. Better recruits.

10 1

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

I agree with what you say – great for exposure.

But to think Utah would be worthy of a top 4 spot is flat out crazy based on depth.  We’ve all seen what those Blue Bloods look like come championship time – it’s almost like a completely different league.  When Utah has 4 stars on its three deep is when you start dreaming of CFC.

Winning the PAC12 is where all crazy talk should stop.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

You don’t get 4 stars on the 3 deep until you win. “Blue Bloods” had to break into that category through winning. Whitts working to that end and a break through win will go a long way.

He’s done it before, he can do it again. It’s time to believe!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is this hype too much

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  UtMtBiker 3 weeks ago.