Isaac Wilson took his official to Salt Lake this weekend

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

He’s a package deal. We’ll have to take his brother too.

8 3

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have seen him play multiple times.  He is a nice player and he would be a good addition.  BUT, his mother comes with him.  Do we want that baggage?  I talked to a friend of mine who is a BYU insider and he told me next to Heap’s mom, Zach’s mom was the most challenging to deal with.  I’m sure she is well-intentioned, but you just need to let go and let your kid fly on his own.

3 5

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Pass

5 4

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Case in point:  That’s the very first time I’ve ever seen a recruit’s mom appear in the recruiting visit photo with the player.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I have heard that coaches will take into account the players parents before bringing them in. Is this kid worth the trouble his parents are going to bring? If the Utes really want this kid, they must think highly of him.

Caliman
            Ute Fan
            @elguapoute

i dont know about the kid worth the trouble, but the mom is. Not gonna Lie, I can just imagine her on the sidelines jumping up and down… ( * )v( * ) very noice!

17 2

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Jeilani Davis visited this weekend, tweeted a pic with Mom. It’s been done every recruiting year, not unique to Lisa Wilson. I would be in favor of recruiting and signing Isaac Wilson, a Utah legacy recruit and talent. Our coaching staff obviously believes there’s no issue here, so why do we as fans take issue?

Dog luuver26
          Ute Fan
          @dogluuver26

Case in point:  That’s the very first time I’ve ever seen a recruit’s mom appear in the recruiting visit photo with the player.

My response…

UteBeliever
          Ute Fan
          @utebeliever

False.

Parents and family are repeatedly in recruiting photos and have been for several years.

13 1

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Lisa is definitely involved in her sons lives, but I don’t see that as a bad thing. She’s a hardcore Utah fan. Always has been. She even attended Utah games while Zach was playing for BYU. She said in interview (during a BYU game, much the ire of BYU fans, lol) that “all of our Utah gear is sitting on a shelf, and who knows, maybe one day, depending on how things shake out in the future, we’ll pull it down again” (this was totally a reference to Isaac).

I’d be happy to have the Wilson family back in the fold. 

Kyle would be respectful toward her, but he wouldn’t allow her to make any decisions.

We absolutely want Isaac Wilson.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I think this.

4 8

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Lisa WASa hardcore Utah fan“.  WAS.  As in “past tense”.  But after Zach went to ybU-p, she started trashing the U.  There were [bulls**t] allegations about how poorly she was treated by Utah fans at games.  There were [bulls**t] allegations about how “classless” Utah fans are around town, and how substandard our academics are in comparison.  She went “full zoob” — practically over night.

I don’t know much about “Isaac”, other than he’s a 4-star QB recruit, and a “legacy” kid, who doesn’t want to play in the shadow of his older brother.  But I DO know about his mom!  And that’s a major distraction.  I mean think about it…. How many 4-star athletes do you know of, where you know more about his [attention starved, helicopter] mom than you do the 4-star athlete himself?  And what’s more, his dad was a major player on the Defensive Line back in the early/mid-90s, and you STILL know more about the mom, than the dad AND the 4-star QB recruit combined.  If Isaac/Lisa have to come as a package deal, I’d pass.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

Some people care way too much about the non-football stuff.

My take is that if Kyle offered Isaac, then he obviously doesn’t care about his mom’s pseudocelebrity status and is not concerned about it. Therefore, we shouldn’t be concerned about it either.

Anyway, I doubt any of this discussion matters because Isaac is only a Jr and is getting a lot of P5 attention already. My guess is he’ll want to escape the crazy Utah/BYU fan atmosphere and leave the state.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

So glad to hear that Kyle “wouldn’t allow her to make any decisions.” 

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

You’d think it goes without saying, but some Ute fans actually think she would insert herself in player personnel decisions and that KWhitt would kowtow to her. Lmao.

Caliman
              Ute Fan
              @elguapoute

AND VISEVERSA! JE!JE!JE!

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

She certainly seems like the pegging type.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

She is well intentioned? 

3 11

Rick Walker
      Ute Fan
      @big2890

Isaac Wilson doesn’t fit the Utah culture. The kid and his family are unpleasant douches.

10 1

perceptionate
      Ute Fan
      @perceptionate

Can you all please give this man the respect he deserves? He’s a four star recruit; top prospect in the state. To the extent he’s hearing anything negative from Ute fans in the recruiting process, I hope he realizes that will disappear instantly if he signs with us (and we’d all LOVE to see him blow out the Y in red).

2 4

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Nobody here is bad-mouthing Isaac.  It’s Isaac’s “mom” who folks here can do without.  The question is, can we get one without the other?  If it’s “just Isaac”, I’m good with that.  But if it’s “Isaac & mom”, then nope.  She’s too much of a distraction, and we saw what happened last year (re:  Tavion Thomas) when distractions become a cancer to the team.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Exciting to think of the potential NIL deals he could ink with his mom.  Minky Couture blankets with the two of them snuggling on the couch. Lagoon with the two of them riding on the sky ride together.  Gabb phones with her monitoring his social media accounts. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I wonder if we will get a 10-15 interview over the game with her in the stands of the next TDS game. Luckily I listen to 700 from now on.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Isaac Wilson took his official to Salt Lake this weekend