its going to be really tough for anybody to guard us in man with

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 1

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Enis and Thompson on the outsides. Then you have simpkins/covey/dixon in the slots and Moss in the backfield. woo boy

5 10

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Image result for shaking head gif

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

If we can stay healthy, I like our chances but that is a big IF.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

If they can catch the ball on a consistent basis more like it. 1-2 drops a game vs 5-6. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Need an O-line to pass protect first. Covey- hopefully he’s back to “pre-mission Covey” by fall. Curious, what has Simpkins done in the last 3 months that he wasn’t able to do previous 3 years?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Pre mission covey?  I honestly could not see any difference in his level of play. Or are you referring to his playing through injury all year????    

1 2

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Covey didn’t have the same lateral quickness that made him so elusive in 2015. Maybe the broken wrist vs UW played into it, but he was slower going into the UW game.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Agreed.  Covey is on borred time.  It would be foolish to build a game plane around him.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Recovering from injury is pretty boring. Not surprised covey is bored a lot.

But he was our only receiver that was open and could make plays consistently despite being injured all year. But you do annarbor ute.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I like the fact that Ludwigs offense has structured route running by TE’s and receivers, rather than just having the receivers look for space.  Add a running QB to the mix who has the option of changing the play at the los along with a power running game with purpose (as opposed to the back just looking for gaps to open), then you are forcing opposing defenses to choose what element of the offense they want to stop.  I think the receivers and TE’s will have an easier time getting open this year because 1. Moss will demand attention and 2. the offensive structure and play calling, along with play action passing will be purpose designed to get open receivers in space.

Actually catching the ball is still a question mark, but I think Ludwigs offense will be better suited to the big uglies we recruit and put on the O line.  If they get to road grade with authority at least as much as they have to pass protect, then I think that Ludwigs O will be better than Taylors O was.

Nephi Iverson
      Ute Fan
      @trailblazersrock

Still unproven receivers, and it won’t take long before covey or Huntley to get hurt!

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Step 1 to fixing drop problems is to not have Huntley throwing 90 MPH off target fastballs on inside slants

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football its going to be really tough for anybody to guard us in man with