Jackson may not play this weekend.

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Below is from a KSL article about Utah’s running game. I did not know that he was nicked up in camp.

As for Jackson’s health, Whittingham said his running back was “nicked up” as something that had bothered him during fall camp “showed up again.”

“We planned on him being more involved, but he got slowed down by an injury, and hopefully he’s going to be available this week,” Whittingham said.

Regardless of whether Jackson suits up against Baylor or not, both the coaching staff and players on the roster are eager to prove their worth on the field and make a statement in Week 2 on the road.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Unfortunate as he was apparently the best RB through fall camp, but it doesn’t sound too serious. Hopefully we see more of Chris Curry.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Is Curry ready to play? I heard he may not be ready to go yet.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

I think I saw him dressed.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Did he have a fall camp injury? I thought his injury last season was a broken ankle, so he should be ready by now unless he got banged up during fall camp.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Glover is gonna break out (I keep hoping)!

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

Unfortunately he seems to go down if touched by a feather. YAC is a foreign language to him.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Sounds like John Randle time

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Would love to see John Randle get touches, big play threat.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Randle…rated the No. 4 recruit in the state of Kansas and the No. 26 running back in the country on 247Sports. Man, incredible to think that the Utah RB room is so stacked that JR can’t even get a sniff of the field.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I need to look up the stats but I’m not sure Utah played more than 3 backs at the swamp last year. I expect Randle and Stanley to get some snaps against Weber – I think I’ve heard that Mitchell is supposed to redshirt but maybe I’m thinking of Blocker.

If Curry isn’t ready and Jackson is limited or out, one of the freshmen needs to be in the mix for RB3 this week. I don’t know that Randle is next in line but the coaches did mention him during the fall. Stanley also has plenty of speed.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Unfortunate but we have the luxury of resting him.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

And not one mention of Bernard in this thread. He’s only RB2. 🤷‍♂️

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

It’s a given that Bernard is going to carry the load. People are just wondering who else will be inserted in the rotation.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

Bernard has become one of my all time favorite Utes

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Playing both ways in the Rose Bowl, and scoring on that circus catch did it for me. I love the dude.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jackson may not play this weekend.