Jaxson Dart to Utah?

Viewing 11 reply threads

Peaks
      Ute Fan
      @peaks8

First time poster, long time user.

I want to ask around and see if anyone close to the program could confirm if the smoke I’ve heard around Dart coming to Utah is true or not.

A family member of mine was telling me that he has clear legit receipts from some of Darts family members that he’s told them if Cam leaves Utah this next year he’ll be transferring here.

I obviously am not reading into this as clear concrete evidence, but I thought I would throw it out here and see if anyone knows anything about this?

UtahFootballGM
      Ute Fan
      @uofusportsguy

🤫🤫

5 2

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Cam’s not leaving damnit.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I don’t have any inside info, but why would jaxson leave what looks to be a good situation in Ole Miss? He’s the starter for a really good team and has been playing really well. Granted he just got injured and maybe that changes the math, but that was just yesterday. This story seems suspicious.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Because he gets to come home, be the hometown hero and contend for B12 championships and CFP games on top of NIL money. At Ole Miss, that won’t happen.

7 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Man, players like this…it’s too bad. Had he done the traditional route…let’s say he goes to Utah. Redshirts his first year. His second year is last year. He would have played in two Rose Bowls, vs Ohio State and Penn St. And let’s be real, he’s a lot more talented than Barnes. He might have won one of those. Then he spends all spring and fall as the #1. No one cares that Rising is hurt. We have one loss at most right now and he might be talked about as a high NFL draft pick. And we are in the driver’s seat to the P12 title game and a possible playoff spot.

He either comes back next fall and rolls through the Big 12 with a legit shot at a national title or he goes pro this spring and Rising comes back next fall to roll through the Big 12.

But nah. He’s too good for Utah and too good to sit.

Yeah. Right.

4 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I will never fault him for wanting to go out of state. He had the ability to write his own ticket, and he did. Things didn’t work out like he thought, but he’s forging his own path.

1 7

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Dart was never offered by Utah. His options were to take the best offer available, which was USC, or walk-on at Utah. He wasn’t coming to Salt Lake no matter what.

Maybe he transfers, maybe he doesn’t. I can’t say one way or another. But if people think he’s worried about Rising, there’s nothing in his history that says he’s afraid of competition. He already beat out multiple highly regarded recruits at both Mississippi and SC. And, Kiffin does a better job of getting QB’s ready for the league. The only QB* Ludwig has ever sent that I’m aware of was Huntley and he should only get half-credit for that one.

* I say this thinking that Johnson only got an UDFA look but will admit that I honestly don’t remember anything Johnson did after leaving Utah.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Dart was never offered by Utah because he made it clear he didn’t want to come to Salt Lake. Quit revising history.

2 6

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Help me out on what I’m missing. I think we agree that Utah never offered Dart.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That is all pipe dreams if you commit to
        Utah as a QB. The trajectory at that position is really the worst one to come into. Hard pills to swallow.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Who knows and really to early to say anything about Dart or Cam at this point. Even if Cam comes back and is able to play, who says he stays healthy the whole year?

I have see some articles with Lane Kiffin as a top choice to replace Jimbo at A&M.

Lots could happen in the next month.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I could see it happening. I think Kiffin takes the A&M job. That’s why. And Dart would
      He PAID. And he would be home. With a chance to do big things with KW. Also, KW matters. Utahs program matters. Players like consistency and they like winning. I get he’s won at ole miss but he will never reach the mountain top there. KW is a top 3 coach in CFB. Much better than Saban.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Only reason I see him coming to Utah is if he wants a shot at the playoffs, and maybe wanting to play closer to home. Ole Miss is a good team, but I don’t think their better than a fully healthy Utah, and it’s also a tough league. I’d love to get him though. I think he is a better raw talent than Rising, which should offset the lack of familiarity in the system.

2 1

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Dart is not coming here. Kiffin and playing in the SEC gives him the best chance of getting drafted. Cam needs to commit after the season ends. The portal opens in December and we can’t wait for Cam. He is in or out period.

DeLaurin from Arizona might be available. Devin Brown from Ohio State is possible. He lacks game experience. We need an experienced QB if we use the portal. It would be nice to look at Big 12 transfers that are familiar with teams and venues.

I think Cam returns. He can make more in NIL and has a shot at a playoff run. The pac 12 teams are familiar with him and his style. The Big 12 not so much. He knows Whitt and Ludwig are at the end and he seems to have a lot of respect for them and the program.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

De Laura? WSU to UA to UU? doubt it, but Fifita is playing well. I would’ve thought he would be out of eligibility.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Dart has already played 2 seasons in the SEC. Another year of playing in the SEC isn’t gonna dramatically increase his stock, especially if he does worse if the competition increases. Coming to Utah, playing in a different system, and tearing it up against big 12 defenses might actually boost his stock more. Plus, Utah definitely has a MUCH better shot at the playoffs next year than Ole Miss.

Also, definitely not DeLaura or Brown. DeLaura seems to have regressed into a turnover machine, the complete antithesis to Whitt’s philosophy. You can’t even blame Arizona, since Fisch is a great coach and inexperienced Fifita played well right away. Brown is clearly not the answer. Kyle McCord, who is more like Kyle MidCord, isn’t very good at throwing to elite WR’s, yet he beat out Brown. So Brown clearly isn’t that good, AND he lacks experience. Would be a huge mistake to go after him.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Jeez I would not want Delaura. Too much drama and fighting on the sideline, let alone the inconsistencies.

Jim Vanderhoof
          Ute Fan
          @jvhoofs

DeLaura : 864-1049 63.3% 62tds 31 int
          Rising. : 456-711 64%. 46tds 14 int

Just saying if we need a 1 and done QB he can be considered. Played for Mike Leach. Not many transfers have those numbers. I would rather have Cam. But Barnes Rose or Johnson?

I’m sure there are plenty more candidates out there. I would take Dart in a heartbeat but let’s try and be realistic with our wishes.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

DeLaura played for Rolovich. Changed his commitment after Rolo got the WSU job and put himself in the portal after Rolo got fired. Leach was actually interested in Barnes that year before taking the Mississippi State job if you believe the reporting.

22Ute22
              Ute Fan
              @utedagoat

I’d sorta believe it. Didn’t Leach say that as long as a QB is accurate, he can teach him everything else? Barnes is a fairly accurate QB imo. He just isn’t good at processing the game and making multiple reads, which is probably why he holds onto the ball so long.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

DeLaura is listed as a junior. If Cam decides to not come back he looks like a possible option. He is injured but looks like they will go with the young QB who is playing well. Just a thought.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

There will be a lot of QB’s entering the portal as soon as the window opens on 12-4.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

No thank you. If Cam is done I’d rather move on with Rose/Johnson/Wilson next year.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

You’re absolutely high if you’re serious. Wilson as a true freshman should not play a snap of meaningful football, especially since he will probably miss spring practice due to surgery. Did you forget about Dante Moore? Rose has no experience and was barely ahead of Barnes in camp. Johnson was always a QB project that might not ever work out. I swear, Utah fans are so illogical and paranoid about QB transfers due to getting 2 bad transfers in Bentley and Brewer. Neither of those players were good players who left for Utah. They were mediocre players who had good moments in their past. Dart is a good QB. If he wanted to come to Utah, and Cam was leaving, our coaching staff would be absolute fools to turn him away. It would be a bigger QB blunder than this years QB situation.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I disagree with your take on Bentley and Brewer. Both those guys were way above mediocre in their prior schools before coming to Utah, hence the disappointment that they didn’t work out. Brewer was a four year starter and the second leading passer is Baylor history. Bentley was a three year starter and the fourth leading passer in SC Gamec**k history. Good players who maybe didn’t have anything left in the tank when they arrived at Utah.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaxson Dart to Utah?