Jerome Myles Heading To Ole Miss

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tyler Henry
      Ute Fan
      @recruits-utes

Top in-state talent WR Jerome Myles is heading to Ole Miss to catch some passes. He was considered a Utah lean, so definitely unfortunate. Maybe Isaac can talk him out of it, but still upsetting.

8 1

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

With a good year or two we can break the stigma that surrounds wide receivers and how they are utilized at Utah. Unfortunately, the narrative that we are part of a second-tier conference will not be overcome so easily.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Unfortunately, it’s not just a narrative.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Very true. If you’re a highly rated WR and have your choice between Lane Kiffin’s offense + Jaxon Dart as your QB vs Kyle Whittingham’s offense + Isaac Wilson, you’re going to pick Ole Miss.

It’s not a knock against Whitt, just a difference in offensive philosophy. I’d much rather have Whitt as our head coach than Kiffin, no question. Just looking at it from Myles’ perspective.Plenty of other options to go after. And maybe/hopefully after this upcoming season with Cam and the production we get from the WRs we have on the roster (Singer, Alford, Pittman etc) this narrative begins to change to help us attract even more WR talent moving forward.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Honestly, I’m to the point that if you can’t come in and contribute immediately, then I don’t really care if you come to Utah or not. The days of being able to stockpile recruits are over for all schools. This guy could be the second coming of Randy Moss but if he isn’t getting paid and getting a lot of reps out of the gate, then more than likely he’d be transferring next season. I’m never going to get worried about a player unless he wears an Utah uniform.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

You are correct. If you play someone a lot and they become a star, it is quite likely they will move up to a bigger program or on to make more money. If you don’t play someone enough, they likely will leave for a better opportunity. There will be exceptions but most players will become one year rentals.

UTEopia
            Ute Fan
            @uteopia

I can’t imagine Dart being at Ole Miss after next year. One at USC and 3 at Ole Miss. if he isn’t in the NFL, something will have gone wrong for him.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Well, there’s a case to be made that he should have come out this year because you never know what the future brings. That being said, if he has a stellar season next year, he definitely has a great chance to be a Day 1 pick.

Rick Walker
              Ute Fan
              @big2890

I don’t think Dart being there had anything to do with his commitment in terms of wanting to play with Dart. Neither one is from the Draper UT area initially and Dart graduated when Jerome was just in 8th grade.

MDUte
                Ute Fan
                @mdute

I think it did. Talented WRs want/need to play with a great QB who can get them the ball. Dart threw for 3,364 yards last year which was 12th best among the P5 QBs.

It’s not that he wouldn’t have a great QB to play with at Utah. Ole Miss’s system is just more pass-heavy. Add in a talented QB like Dart and it becomes a very attractive opportunity for WRs like Myles. If Kiffin was instead trotting out Gerry Bohanon or Kedon Slovis in 2024, I don’t think Myles flips from Utah to Ole Miss. I could very well be wrong…just my opinion.

D T
                  Ute Fan
                  @azute1

Dart wouldn’t be his QB at ‘Ole Miss, but agree LK has a more pass-heavy attack.

MDUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @mdute

Ohhh Myles is Class of ’25…I thought he was Class of ’24. Now I get why Rick Walker said he didn’t think Dart was a factor…my bad! Yea I agree, Dart wouldn’t be a factor.

Tyler Henry
        Ute Fan
        @recruits-utes

The B12 is known for its offensive history, it regularly attracts great skill-position players. Ole Miss specifically as a school has a great history at his position, so I’m sure that played a heavy factor.

Rick Walker
      Ute Fan
      @big2890

In his mind he was already “committed” to Utah before his visit this weekend (even though it was never official) so it’s a huge bummer. But don’t forget he still has an official visit he’s planning on taking in June so unless he cancels that I’m still gonna hold out hope.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jerome Myles Heading To Ole Miss