Just heard that Cam has not medically cleared yet

Viewing 11 reply threads
      21 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This source (friend of Cam) also said that he believes Nate will start. That’s a twist.

Cam believes he is very close to being cleared and may play as soon as Baylor.

Take it for what it’s worth. There are so many rumors flying around. It will be interesting to see the depth chart tomorrow.

I am not trying to state this as a fact. But, I thought I would pass on what I heard.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

The prospect of NJ starting his first game vs Florida both scares and excites me

7 4

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Personally I want to see Barnes. And Johnson plays a ton in packages. But I’m more about playing it safe.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

I wouldn’t like that. You pick one and stick with them. Interrupting the flow of the QB is the worst thing you can do. If you start Barnes then NJ becomes a change up, but only a handful of times in the game.

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Heard from an undisclosed source within the program that Rising practiced (scrimmaged). Last Friday. Also the injury to Brandon Rose was a liver laceration. Pretty serious. Take that info for what it’s worth. I would still be very surprised to see Rising on the field a week from today.

ukiyoronin
      Ute Fan
      @ukiyoronin

I would be really exited to see Johnson trot out onto that field and see what he can do as a starter. I think he’ll pleasantly surprise us. At least I hope he will…

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Same. I’ll be happy to see him get meaningful reps to prep for next year.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I’m not doubting your friend but I feel like the Rising decision comes down to Florida or Weber. I’m sure he would travel to Baylor and be available in an emergency but that doesn’t seem like the game that you absolutely have to have him for.

If Rising isn’t ready for Florida, I’ve always felt like Weber would be the best chance for him to knock off the rust in a semi-low stress atmosphere. You want him ready to go for UCLA and while having him for Florida or Baylor is a luxury, it’s not going to win you the conference. Having an extra 2-3 weeks would be huge for his recovery and there’s no reason to rush him, especially if Utah can hold serve against Florida.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I tend to agree with you. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to start him against Baylor unless he plays against Florida. However, look at it from Cam’s perspective. He wants to play the minute he has clearance. So, it may be wishful thinking on his part. The doctors may clear him next Saturday, but will Whitt want to risk playing him in a nonconference game?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I have no doubt that he wants to play as soon as possible. But is one game against Baylor, or even Florida, going to make the difference in his draft prospect? If Whitt is truly about what’s best for the kid, which I believe, he won’t put winning one game above putting Rising in the best possible chance to succeed.

NFL scouts will want to see that he is fully recovered and has been able to work on his weaknesses. They really don’t have any interest in a hobbled gamer. It was painful watching Williams in the CCG. I don’t want to see Rising have to go through it.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

all hail the new OnlyU!
      just kidding!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am no OnlyU and never will be. I am sure OnlyU knows exactly what is going on, but he/she is sworn to secrecy.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If Barnes and Johnson are neck and neck you go with Johnson. He’s the future of the program and he’s got great players around him to help him grow.

Barnes is just a place holder and a neat story.

1 8

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Why are you leaking this info? You never know if Zoobs, Gators, or attention-seeking Utah fans will post this to twitter or someplace else.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

This is legitimately the only place on the internet where anybody thinks Cam is going to sprint onto the field game 1. The dude tore his ACL in January. If I was Florida I’d want him to try to play.

SUUte
        Ute Fan
        @garrstew

Lol. I promise I’m not a zoob. I’m just stating what was told to me. Trust me. I am as loyal as they come to Utah.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Let’s go Nate and Bryson. Y’all got this.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I’m going to add my voice to the Pro Johnson camp. I’m ok with Barnes, but of the two, Johnson has a better shot of being the future of the program. Get him out there getting experience to grow.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

I’ll just say that all 3 are still in play for game 1 and if Cam doesn’t quite make it I’d almost bet my house he’d play against Baylor…but who knows!!

An answer only Whitt would love! Cam is clossssssseeee!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Well, if all of the Gator pundits are to be believed in YouTube, Florida is really focusing on Barnes and hasn’t given much thought to Nate. I can see why they would do that, given that there’s very little film on Nate vs Barnes and, until recently, the conventional wisdom was that Nate didn’t have as good a handle on the playbook as Barnes. If Nate does start, it’ll be interesting to see how Florida’s inexperienced DC, 30-year-old Austin Armstrong, reacts to the change. From everything I’ve read and heard about him, he’s extremely aggressive when it comes to blitz packages. If Andy Ludwig isn’t able to confuse a DC that’s been alive less time than he has been an OC, we in trouble….

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Going to be Cam with short throws and handoffs.
        Nate getting like 10-12 plays of running and pass option.

Defense will lead.

Utes 30-20.

My take.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just heard that Cam has not medically cleared yet