Klatt and Johnson. Love’em or hate’em?

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I hated Klatt when he was on local Denver sports radio.

But I think they are a great broadcasting duo.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I like them.  Joel Klatt has always had a pretty rosy opinion of Utah and I just think he’s a pretty good color guy overall.

After Utah/Oregon 2015 I exclusively associate the word “wow!” with Gus Johnson.  If you took a shot every time he said the word during one of his play calls you’d be smashed by halftime.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I like Klatt for one reason:

he is more anti-G5 than I am. 

UtemanUtefan
        Ute Fan
        @utemanutefan

Gus Johnson is a national treasure

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

And he used to dog on Utah for being “G5” for the first few years we were in the league. And he’s a huge Buff homer. But the guys on the radio used to dog on him for being a pretty boy and his uppity need for certain things. They used to bag on his need to have the highest grade headsets for broadcasts.

He’s no on local radio any more, and when he is a guest he’s kind of mellowed regarding the Pac12.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Love ’em. Probably my favorite college announcing duo now. Gus always has one or two amazing calls per game (“Saquon? Sa-Gone!”) and Klatt often has good real-time insights. That and they both are usually very concise, not a lot of rambling or wasted words.

But my absolute favorite duo right now has to be Nantz and Romo. I really couldn’t stand Romo as a player but he is amazing as a color commentator. I love it when he reads the plays before they happen. Makes the game even more interesting to see it through an elite player’s eyes. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Klatt and Johnson. Love’em or hate’em?