Last 2 Games

Viewing 5 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

The UCF game time was just announced (6pm MT on 11/29 on FOX). This prompted me to take another look at the schedule and I’m now wondering if our last 2 games (Iowa State and UCF) may prove to be potentially 2 of our top 4 most difficult games. I see Oklahoma State as the clear cut #1 most difficult, but having to travel to UCF on a short week for a night game is getting me pretty spooked. And despite being a bit naive about Iowa State’s team this year, they always play teams tough and that matchup feels prime for a potential trap game as the second to last game of the year (and likely mixed in with potential injuries at that point in the season). Any thoughts?

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I don’t sweat the ISU game, but that UCF game could prove tricky for a number of reasons.

Cross country, short week & a holiday weekend….Could also have CCG implications.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I feel the exact same. Getting ISU at home has me confident that game is a W. But UCF poses challenges that could easily turn into a WTF L IMO.

4 1

dut99002
      Ute Fan
      @dut99002

Thought I read somewhere that Iowa State brings back something like 20+ starter.

Personally, I’m not comfortable writing off any of the B12 opponents for the Utes. particularly ISU, TCU, OSU, KU, KSU, and AZ.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

ISU does return 20 starters, but that game’s in SLC.

We don’t play KU/KSU & outside OKST, our toughest games are at home.

However, UCF’s a tricky game for the reasons stated….Were it a normal week, I wouldn’t sweat that game.

With a healthy CR, we’ll be favored in every game but one.

4 1

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

Yes, I hope as a fan base we’re not thinking we are back to a Mt. West schedule. I think it will be more challenging than we understand. It should be interesting to see how we match up against the other schools. I do feel Utah should be the most talented team thought, but not talented enough to win on that alone. I can remember a few years back when Utah played Eastern Illinois on the road. That game seemed like a really bad match up for Utah. Our bigger offensive line had trouble staying in front of their small quick defense end. He was talented and got drafted to the NFL, but I don’t think any of us Utah fans thoight we were going to have any trouble beating that team. If I remember correctly, it took a Chase Hansen pick 6 to win. With all that said, I feel this is Utah’s best chance of going to the College Football Playoff and I’m pumped for the comming season!!

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

It’s definitely harder than the MWC, but there is no Oregon, Washington, or USC. So I think the schedule is a little easier than the Pac-12. That said, we shouldn’t expect it to be a cake walk. I’m really worried about the Ok State game. That’s the most likely loss IMO.

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

I’ll be at the UCF game and I am absolutely pumped for it. I have a feeling it’s going to be a blood bath. Short week, holiday weekend, prime time FOX game, etc., We could very well have the BIG12 locked up by then as well. Either way I’m excited.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

That is my hope as well! Would be so great if the UCF game has no CCG implications on the line and Utah can “load manage” that game…maybe sit Cam the entire game or at least the 2nd half etc. Whitt has never been one to tank any game and I can’t see him going to that extreme. But maybe give way more practice reps to the 2s and 3s that week with a game plan to win without playing our 1s the whole game.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The Big 12 will be tough. And anyone can beat us.

BUT, we are the best recruiting team in the Big 12 the last 3, 4 and 5 years.

And in the PAC-12, Oregon, UW, USC, Stanford, UCLA all recruiting in the top 25.

NO BIG 12 TEAM RECRUITS IN THE TOP 25.

The schedule is easier. No doubt about it. It’s not MWC easy. But it’s not P12 hard. There was so much more talent in the PAC-12 than the Big 12.

We should be the favorite, because we have the most talent, the best QB, the best defense and the best coaches. And we have been the most consistent program. 4 of the last 5 non-covid years in the PAC-12 we were in the P12 title game.

We are good. We should beat everyone. We can lose to anyone. But anything less than a conference title game will be a disappointment.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Last 2 Games