The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Lincoln Riley: Tour of my LA Home

Crazy…just crazy…

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I love how Riley goes down 0-1 then starts dropping the spin balls and quickly finishes the game. lol.

But, yeah, that is a beautiful house.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

USC coach Lincoln Riley buys insane L.A. mansion for $17 million with movie theater, wine room and more

Growing up in Miami, the only people I remember that had houses like this were big-time drug dealers…do with that what you will…and in fact, it kind of reminds me of Tony Montana’s place in the movie “Scarface”. All he’s missing are the tigers.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

17 million…Crazy. He’s supposed to make between 88-110 million dollars. If he makes 88, he spent 19% of his income on his home.

If he makes the full 110, he spent 15% of his income on that home.

What a picture of responsibility and frugalness. Here I spend almost 40% of my income on my home. I should be more like him.

PNW Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pnwute

It’s far more contrasting than that. He might have spent 15% of one year’s income to completely buy and pay off that house. I’m spending 15% of my gross income on my home too. But I’m doing that every year for 30 years to pay mine off. Clearly we all have much to learn from Coach Riley. (Except how to manage a defense, I might know more about that than he does)

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Ha ha. I love this. Us poors just need to be better.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

He gets paid, before taxes, $11M per year. California takes 13.30 out of that $11M and the federal government, without any weird deductions, takes another $186,601.50 plus 37% of the excess over $693,750. That leaves him less than $5.5M of net income per annum. The house cost $17.2M, so no, he didn’t pay it off in one year or at closing. He’s got a mortgage just like everyone else here in Utehub.

D T
                Ute Fan
                @azute1

Didn’t he receive the house up front as part of his deal [covered by the school, thus no mortgage]?

The Miami Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @themiamiute

Not exactly. His contract includes a $6M housing allowance. My assumption is that he used that allowance for the down payment.

2008 National Champ
                    Ute Fan
                    @cptmrgn05

I believe SC also bought out the mortgage(s) on the two houses he had when at Oklahoma.

Talk about a school that wasn’t going to take no for an answer

The Miami Ute
                      Ute Fan
                      @themiamiute

That’s an urban myth. I did some research on that subject and he sold one of those (the other is still up for sale) on his own. That all started when some Oklahoma oil man tweeted that USC had bought his houses as part of his contract without any sort of verification. It was immediately proven false but the internet ran with the narrative.

CONTRARY TO VIRAL TWEET, USC IS NOT BUYING LINCOLN RILEY’S HOMES

2008 National Champ
                        Ute Fan
                        @cptmrgn05

hee-hee. That’s what I get for believing the internet 🙂

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Why do this? When’s the tour of Witt’s home?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That would take place about the same time Utehub.com does a tour of your house.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

At least Whitt’s wife would have snacks for us on that tour. Tony probably would just throw some vanilla extract in the oven so we thought we were getting fresh cookies 🙂

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

LOL. When I clicked that link the YouTube commercial was a truck ad that used “Bad Moon Rising” as the jingle. That is pretty awesome.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

You guys also forgot.

CW get’s a cut, as part of his NIL/team ownership.

Morgan Scalley lives rent free in the master suite.

UWs offense over ran the CW portion and Dillon Johnson is running laps around the pool. In spite of Grinch putting up a no running sign.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I live a street away from him. Last year I planted a drum n’ feather flag on an intersection on his way out. It was there for days.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

That sounds so delicious that I don’t ever want to know if it’s true or not.

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

Haha. Yeah it’s true. He lives in Palos Verdes, my name. His 2 girls are on the same soccer team as my daughter. Lincoln is actually a very nice guy. Not your typical USC asshole.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lincoln Riley’s LA Home