Line Bam up as a fullback

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 3

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

When we get a 1st and goal inside the 5, we should put Bam in as a fullback.  Have Moss follow Bam.  If we don’t get the TD, line up the same way, and play action, and pass it to Bam.  He could be our Fridge.

6 1

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Sounds foolish to risk injury to a potentially key lineman doing something he isn’t used to doing. If he does have the ball or is about to catch it, you can bet the defense is going right at his knees.  Not maliciously, but because nobody wants to try and tackle that.  Besides, I don’t think you would see any higher success rate with him at FB vs blocking at the line and letting Moss do what he does.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Taking the ball from Moss is always a bad idea we learned that for two years now. 

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Moss would be throwing the Wildcat jump pass to Bam. Put that in your juice box and suck it!

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Oh man, I’d love to see this.  Has anyone stopped to ask if Bam can catch or run?  Most lineman can do neither.  Fridge was a unique talet, kind of like Ndomankung (however you spell that) Suh.  I’d be more inclined to see Penasini as a full back.  Has the quickness and power.  

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Many powerful running teams like Wisconsin, Stanford, et al have used big lineman as fullbacks to block.  Not an unusual thing to do.

As far as passing to him, I would hope he would be in the endzone all by himself.  I doubt he would get coverage.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I like it. Bam’s reach is long, K-Whitt said Gobert like. Throw a moon ball up to him….would be tough to defend and totally unexpected. Remember the jump pass to the TE?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Why not just QB sneak right behind Bam near the goal line?   Worked for Bart Starr behind Jerry Kramer.   Or when Bam draws the double-team go to the opposite side.

Anyway, hope Bam plays up to his size.

GO UTES!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Line Bam up as a fullback