Looking for car repair advice from you car guys

Viewing 8 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is it to DIY replace the oil pump for someone that knows very little about car repair? Also, any car repair shop recommendation in Utah County?

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Those who know will first ask the year, make, and model of the car.

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

Get on Utube type in make, model, year, engine size, and how do I change the oil pump.
        That said, for the most part it’s a job for a mechanic.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

I’m not really where I check the oil.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

@Dallas is 100% correct. 

Define very little?  Like don’t know how to change your oil?  I would say it is a 10 even for most qualified home garages. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The older the car is, the easier it is. Anything from 90’s and newer is a pain in the butt. But like everyone has already said, just check YouTube. Even if it looks like something you can do on YouTube, keep in mind, it will take you longer and you will struggle more than the guy you’re watching.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Tool cost alone it isn’t worth it if you don’t already have it. I also hate loaning out tools or asking to borrow tools to fix things. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

For sure. If you have to ask for an oil pump, you probably just need to take it in.

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

10. It’s a big job. 

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Bradford Auto in Provo. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Edgemont Auto in Provo. Blake is as honest as they come. They won’t be the cheapest place, but it will be a fair price and they won’t upsell you on things you don’t actually need. I have no idea what they do/don’t do, but if they don’t do that sort of thing I would trust him to give you a recommendation for a place that does.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like I’ll be taking it to a mechanic. Car repairs are stressful 🙄.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Looking for car repair advice from you car guys