Looks like Swinney is leaving ESPN700 – anyone know the backstory?

Viewing 3 reply threads

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

Have not been a fan of his on the radio – but seems like this came out of the blue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wish OC would go can’t stand him. Swinney was great I thought doesn’t know football very well as far as playing it. 

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

I felt the exact opposite – like OC, but not Swinney. It definitely felt like there was a weird vibe between the two.

1MNUte
      Ute Fan
      @1mnute

I thought Swinney was obnoxious but felt like he and OC had good chemistry. I couldn’t listen when it was OC and Stubbs. No chemistry. I didn’t get his humor. Hopefully they find a good fit. I hate to say it but if it is Hackett, I don’t care for him on the radio. He comes across as being too cool and feels awkward to me. Perhaps with time Hackett could grow on me.

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

oh man, OC and Stubbs was terrible – you could feel the animosity through the radio. Luckily it didn’t last very long. Agree on Hackett, he is fun as a guest host from time to time, but would be unhappy with him has the full-time co-host.

I really liked Bill and OC together, hoping they can get someone good to pair with OC. So help me, if Tim Montemayor returns to the Utah airwaves…

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

There is no way Montemayor could work for 700. He’d had to completely alienate his “fanbase” and do a complete 180 degree turn from his coital relationship with FBYU-P.

jamarcus24
            Ute Fan
            @jamarcus24

Out of all the local morning radio shows that have come and gone through my adult years, Monty and his merry band of morons was the worst one I ever made the mistake of listening to.  If Monty ever ended up on 700 I’d never tune as long as he was there.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’d bet it’s because he isn’t good enough. Haven’t been a huge fan of his. He seems better suited for 1280 where they can talk about anything other than sports.

Plus, Swinney is a HUGE conflict of interests as well between Scout and the radio gig.

Plus, he was just terrible.

For example, their show ends at 6pm. The drive home peak is 5-7 pm. They phone the show in starting at 5:15 and start their wrap up bullcrap, non sports stuff. Crazy. They should do that from 3:30-4:15. Heck, I’d bet if they just replayed their first hour from 5-6, they’d do a lot better.

For such a short show, they ran out of topics way too often. And, it’s tiring just listening to OC try to reign Swinney in all show long. We don’t need another Gunther.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

hmm. I always listened to the show towards the beginning and felt it was pretty good. You might be on to something. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Looks like Swinney is leaving ESPN700 – anyone know the backstory?