Ludwig on Vaki

Viewing 2 reply threads
      7 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Ludwig said that he would use Vaki as much as Vaki is capable. He indicated that coach Ganther lets him know in the press box if Vaki can go. Then they have to decide when they would like to use one of the plays in the limited Vaki package. No surprise, Vaki has not practiced the entire offensive playbook. There are a limited number of plays where he can be used.

My opinion is that he should move to offense next season. He is such a dynamic offensive weapon. He could play some defense in three safety formations. I would like to see him in the game with Rising if Cam decides to come back.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Vaki is open to helping the team, but has said he likes safety. He thought he was being called into playing WR, but RB has been the call. I hope we can improve the offense with other players and let him develop more as a safety which would be a much better option for NFL (longevity, pay).

1 1

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

There’s a guy on most P5 teams that can do what he does on defense. Maybe 5 in the country that can do what he can do on offense. Many of the top guys will never put up the numbers he did against USC in any game in their career. We should see him on offense full time next year but then again this is coaching staff gave him a single carry against UW so they’ll probably try to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

This is BS. Most p5 teams do not have a versatile player like Vaki that can play both safety positions, Nickle corner, and playing close to the box.

beckrich73
            Ute Fan
            @beckrich73

Vaki’s future in the NFL is at safety etc. converting him to full time offense would not be in his best interest. We will reload at running back next season and should continue to use him in specialty situations the remainder of this year.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

That’s your takeaway? The conversation is about if he would best serve the Utes on offense or defense. Versatility is great if the team has injury or depth problems, but last I checked, you can only play one position at a time. He’s young and could develop into an NFL safety, but at this point, he’s a lot closer to collecting a paycheck on the offensive side of the ball. What’s best for his future? Think NIL money for a safety vs superstar RB ripping off 70 yard TDs for the next 2-3yrs.Take the money when you can get it or gamble on being one of the very few to make an extra 28% average salary of a safety over a RB on a hypothetical NFL contract?

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Imagine if they forced Weddle into the RB position.

The offense just gives me headaches to discuss.

No keep Vaki at Safety. Nothing has demonstrated to me it would mean long term improvement on the offensive side of the ball.

Oline and QB need to be addressed in the off-season. Not Vaki switching sides to make that crappy system work.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Duuuude. He was our leading tackler at one point. Have you seen his speed? He is as fast as anyone. He has 8.5 tackles for loss. He has two sacks. He has an INT.

He is a NFL safety through and through. Could he be a NFL running back? You know what? I have no idea. He averaged 2 yards per carry vs Oregon and -4 yards per carry vs Washington. Yeah, those were limited carries, but he’s not a sure fire NFL RB.

AND he isn’t a NFL receiver either.

He is a NFL Safety. And next year, with him and Bishop back as our safeties full time, they will be unreal.

And he will make a lot more money as a safety.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I think Bishop may leave. He could work his way into the second round.

Kellso
      Ute Fan
      @kellso

Vaki needs to make the best decision for his future. It’s great that he is willing to sept in and help the team at RB. But, the focus needs to be what’s best for his future.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ludwig on Vaki