Mark Harlen, make a courtesy call to Urban Meyer and Chris Peterson.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

You know, just to see what they might be doing.  Maybe get some pointers on how to get 4* and 5* recruits.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Lame. I hope you are judged at your place of work on near perfection.

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

Look I don’t begrude the players, especially those that could have gone to the NFL and chose to come back this year.  A lot of the seniors as well as Jaylon Johnson are some of the best that have ever put on a Utah uniform. Utah got thouroughly dismantled tonight on both offense and defense, and when the game was still within reach coaching decides to punt instead of going for it on 4th down even though you have been doing that the whole game.  Even if they got stopped again I would have at least felt that the coaching staff was trying to win the game and not fall back on the old field position and let the defense do it’s thing. 

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

I think we lost it by going on 4th and 2 from the 50. We had all the momentum. We were within one score with loads of time. That was a perfect spot to pin them deep with a punt. That took all the wind out of our sails.

Charlie Foxtrot
            Ute Fan
            @charliefoxtrot

Early in the game I agree, that would have been a good time to punt and pin them deep.  In the 4th quarter with 8 min left in the game I would have liked to see us go for it on 4th and 2 even though we had had limited success on 4th down.  At that point we would have needed a touchdown and 2 pt conversion just to tie the game.

Ryan
      Ute Fan
      @sjute

Obviously this is a ridiculous statement but let’s not understate how important recruiting is at the highest level. Oregon had speed everywhere on the field.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

That is what I noted as well. We had a group of Oregon fans and Utah fans over tonight for dinner and to watch the game. So emotions were all over the place as you can imagine. My take, Oregon was well prepared. They understood what Utah would do and where and how to exploit them. Had the speed and athleticism to thwart Utah’s best opportunities. They were the better team. Utah is going to fall hard on this commanding loss. Hate to see the season end this way for the seniors. Thanks to all of them for their devotion and dedication to Utah. I love them all.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mark Harlen, make a courtesy call to Urban Meyer and Chris Peterson.