xxxxx is back

Viewing 5 reply threads

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Archangel & Shovel Pass = xxxxx AKA Pace AKA Dickhead
      Tony, Let’s ban these idiots before they turn this place into utefans.net.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Seriously. the only motivation they could possibly have is hurting what Tony has built.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Trolls gonna troll

8 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I second it. Ban these fools, Tony.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I’m not a fan of banning people. I’d rather we simply speak up against the ugliness. But sometimes that just feeds trolls.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I blocked him but still see his thread posts on the App.
        His comments are extremely offensive especially the one using homophobic slurs. Ban him. The internet is full of spurious hate that he can feed on elsewhere.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Ban them, or the retardation continues.

1 3

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

This cancel culture thing is getting out of hand.

AZUteFan
          Ute Fan
          @azutefan

Overall, I agree with you about the cancel culture being out of hand.  However in this case, we have a couple of trolls (most likely one = Moose) that is making ridiculous accusations against one of the most connected insiders/contributors on this site.  If Moose, or Archangel, or Forward Pass, or whoever this person is was posting their opinions/view about the football team/bball team/utah athletics, then that is great!  Even if we disagree, no reason to cancel or ban someone for their opinions.

I have disagreed with several posters on this site about both the football & basketball program, the Coach K firing, the Coach Scalley incident, etc.  However, I would never suggest they be banned for having a different opinion. 

In this case, we have a troll with an agenda and it is the same crap they pulled on utefans.net, which at one point in time was a great community.  I don’t want to see all the hard work that Tony has put in to make this site great be ruined by this obvious troll.  And that is what will happen when you let one or two trolls drive away the best posters.  Happened to utefans.net and will happen here unless you get rid of the crap.  That is the reason we are calling for them to be cancelled.  There is no place for trolling here.  And when there is an obvious troll, they should be banned.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I hear your opinions and thank you for expressing them. One question, why is there no place for trolling here?

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Trolling is a subjective term.  If a user breaks site rules they will be banned. 

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

That makes sense. I appreciate the list of the ban-able offenses.

AZUteFan
              Ute Fan
              @azutefan

Agree with Tony that “trolling” is a subjective term.  But the reason I would state there is no place for trolling here is because this type of behavior always leads to loyal contributers of the forum to leave.  Then we are left with trolls dominating 80% of the content and the quality goes way down.  

With that said, I am not a fan of “cancel culture” and all the PC garbage we are subjected these days.  Glad that Tony has ground rules in place and has already taken action.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your opinion.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football xxxxx is back