Must read: Dorell's letter to Delon

• Next: @ BYU – Thu Aug 29 8:15pm – ESPN TV

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

Outstanding! Thanks for posting. That was some outstanding advice from brother to brother.

Still, from all I know about Delon, he would have already been able to do the right things without the advice. Having been a four-year college player, he’s already smarter and more mature than most NBA rookies. I can’t wait to see him succeed in Toronto!

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Like K3 says: we don’t recruit turds. Turds usually don’t have turd families. I really liked this. I hope Delon does really well. Thanks for sharing.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

That’s AWESOME! This just makes me respect Delon even more to know he’s gonna be carrying on a great heritage in class-act players.

Tony
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Just read the letter. Darn near cried. Wish I had a big brother like that.

Anonymous

I ran into Delon at LAX while boarding my flight to attend the Michigan @ Utah game. He was right behind me in boarding and was carrying a fancy boom box, a basketball and wearing some very fancy basketball sneakers from his sponsor. I chatted with him and then pulled up a photo on my iPhone from the Duke game, you know the foul they called on him in the first half that was really a jump ball. I had saved that because I had sent it to a friend who’s a Maryland Alum and an avowed Duke hater. Maryland alums hate Duke on a level that Utah alums hate BYU. Delon’s reaction was “oh man that was bad call, but I got to move on.” Very cool kid. Utah was very fortunate to have him and his contribution to rebuilding the Utah Basketball Program has been huge.

Tony
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice WSC. I met Delon too. Very mellow and not an attitude. Nice guy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Must read: Dorell's letter to Delon

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tony 3 years, 10 months ago.