My thoughts on this GLORIOUS game (best half of football I’ve ever seen)

Viewing 1 reply thread

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

First of all, the team and coach Whitt seemed uncharacteristically amped up in the second half especially. I haven’t seen Whitt look that animated on the sideline in a very long time. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Devin Lloyd talk crap, and every time he made a play tonight he was jawing in someone’s face. There was one time where he even went out of his way well after a play was over to talk crap to someone. Also Covey, when has he EVER done something like that before? Clearly these guys wanted this game. My guess is Lloyd and co were annoyed because ASU’s cheating has had a direct impact on Utah football and the Pac12 as a whole.

Also, I am officially done complaining in any way about Harding. That guy has CLEARLY done his job with his position group. If his position group is the worst on the team now it’s only because the rest of them are so damned good (not saying they are the worst, just saying if). Harding can have his job for as long as he wants. The man knows how to coach football. I WAS WRONG WRONG WRONG! This was to be the biggest test of the year for the offensive line, Kump was out, and they BALLED OUT! Did Rising even get sacked once? Olaseni has gone from being a huge liability to being a major force.

Also also… Screw those announcers man. WTF! They were preaching about how awesome ASU was all first half, and never gave Utah any credit. They also don’t seem to know football. Mock the pac12 refs for making up penalties when they were just following the rule book, then make a half apology excuse, claiming he thought the ball bounced on the ground. Total bullsh*t cowardly move. Also, them whining about the targeting call. Come on guys! Are you that blind? the receivers head made contact with the middle of Latu’s BACK. How in the hell is that targeting? He did everything he could to get the eff out of the way for hells sake!

QB: Rising played a nearly perfect second half. I see a lot of Huntley in his attitude and his understanding of the offense. The first pick he threw was totally Pass Interference. The linebacker shoved Fotheringham out of the way well before the ball ever got there. The second pick just floated on him a bit, but still could have been caught IMO. Cam Rising is going to win a Pac12 championship with the Utes. It is going to happen one of these years, and nobody is more deserving. What a studly man.

RB: We are looking like the Utes I know and love now baby! Thomas and Pledger are running with more power and Moxie now, and it is a beatiful thing to see.

WR: Good to see howard get in there and make some plays. Vele is finally confident in his game time abilities. Great to see him out there as well. Covey? Are you kidding me? That guy made some incredible plays tonight despite not having any returns (that I remember).

TE: Man, we have three tight ends that are all very different from each other, and they all contributed in big ways. Awesomeness.

OL: beauty incarnate

DL: So many great performances from so many dudes here. 58 (Tafuna?) is going to be a MONSTER for us for a long time.

LB: Devin Lloyd is up there with Weddle and Johnson in the conversation for GOAT defender. Reid had himself another solid game also.

CB: Phillips was not mentioned a single time all game. Why? Because so far as I could tell his man wasn’t targeted a single time all game. That is some mighty fine defense young man. Another studly human being right there. Love that kid! Marks had a good game as well.

S: Latu is going to be another stud for us. He’s going to ruffle some feathers with how he hits, just like Blair did, but what else is he supposed to do? He has to hit low or he’s going to get called for targeting. It isn’t against the rules, it isn’t cheap. QBs are going to have to learn not to hang their dudes out to dry. Mckinney also had a heck of a game, making some great tackles, stopping runners in their tracks.

ST: Solid punting, didn’t need the kicker. Covey almost fumbled again, but saved our butts by knowing the rules of the game. Blocked FG? Couldn’t tell. Whitt was super happy about that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Great post.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts on this GLORIOUS game (best half of football I’ve ever seen)