Never agreed with a tweet more in my life

Viewing 3 reply threads
      8 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

That was the first game I’ve attended in Provo, and the people around us were so annoyingly strange. Couple in front of us awkwardly made out the entire game while rubbing each others’ thighs. People next to us argued the whole time about whether or not people were in their correct seats. One guy watched the game on his phone with headphones, which was like 5 plays behind the actual game (which is . Other people didn’t know the difference between fumble and incomplete pass. Some ~20 year old douche behind us thought he was hot shiz (yes, he was actually saying “shiz” throughout the game) and started mocking some members of our group. I shut his shiz down real quick. If only our boys could have shut his dumb ass up on the field. If I never go to Provo again, it’ll be too soon.

2 3

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Provo was where I became a man.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I have not been to a game at LES since the late 80s because I found it unpleasant there. That makes sense since we are their rival and they do not like Utes much down there.  However, I have nothing against Provo.  My grandparents lived in Provo and I have many positive memories.  I love the 4th of July parades and many days spent down there.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

In the early 90s, my house in Provo on 2nd was the place to come to buy weed and paint naked in the garden.

2 1

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

Yeah I went to the following games in Provo: 2005 (win), 2007 (loss), 2009 (loss). After the 2009 Max Hall rant, I made the decision to never return. In LES as a Ute fan you are treated like s**t, and for that reason I only attend home games against the Zoobies.

Kyler Marvin
        Ute Fan
        @youngute

I went to the game on Saturday and besides one guy who was annoying everyone I was treated very well from start to end, considering I was one of only like 5 ute fans in the section it was very unexpected.

But right before kickoff some teen kid shouted really loud, “BYU hates gay people” flashed the U and walked away. It was crazy seeing everyone’s reaction.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I did as well. Didn’t get one ounce of trash talking. If you keep your yap shut other than to cheer, their fans are as cordial as any these days. Hasn’t always been that way thought. 54-10 was a nightmare for me. I caught crap from someone I thought I knew at the Ratliff comeback game. I’ve been to over 50 games there and I haven’t observed much in the way of people being rude to anyone other than refs/players/coaches. 

lots of unintended racially charged stuff from the old folks. A lot of people that complain about holding literally every time the other team makes a play on offense.

they aren’t rude but it was uncomfortable to me even as a kid. I got the distinct impression that many there were not practicing what I was taught at church.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Man, I had the exact opposite experience. The fans around me were great. Friendly, conversational, etc. There was one kind of douchy dude a few rows away, but nothing egregious. I really enjoyed the game in Provo aside from losing, which totally sucked. No one mocked us or anything after the game. It was a good experience all around.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Guess I sat in the wrong spot.

3 2

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

If you’re sitting in Utah County, you’re sitting in the wrong spot.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Never agreed with a tweet more in my life