New CFP Payouts

Viewing 3 reply threads

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Looks like ‘the powers that be’ have agreed to a new College Football Playoff payout structure.

Apparently the SEC/BIG will receive 29% each, ACC 17%, Big12 15%, G5 9%, and special considerations for ND. Other independents (are there any?) and the Pac-2 kind of get bilked.

Seems strange to me that anyone would agree to fixed payouts not based on appearances. As usual, the rich and powerful ensure that they get more rich and powerful.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

B12 = kiddie table

Utah won’t be able to compete at the highest level for much longer with this wide of a gap in resources.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Yep it sucks. The P2 threatened to walk if it were equal distribution or based on appearances and start their own playoff. Reports are they weren’t bluffing and the networks agreed. Being in the B12 sucks balls.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

What’s interesting is that the ACC would get a larger payout than the Big 12. Absolutely crazy.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

There are more schools in the ACC than the B12. Plus as it currently stands, they have bigger brands.

NashvilleUte
            Ute Fan
            @nashvilleute05

Somewhere I read that the ACC is getting more partially because they’ve had more CFP appearances than the Big12 (minus TX/OK), but I personally suspect it’s to limit the teams pushing to abandon the ACC. Can you imagine the reaction from the ACC teams if the Big12 got more? The teams already trying to escape would probably get the needed number of teams to officially cancel the GOR and shut down the conference.

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

The ACC is getting more on a per-team basis, not just more for the conference. But NashvilleUte is correct – it’s due to ACC teams (Clemson, Florida St) having more CFP appearances than remaining Big 12 teams (TCU and Cincy). In a few years they’ll look into again and see if that needs to be rebalanced

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Doesn’t seem crazy to me. Clemson, Florida State and Miami are bigger brands (by a lot) than any team in the Big 12. North Carolina and Duke don’t have consistently good/great football teams, but they are big brands as well.

The quality of the football may be worse, but they have a handful of teams that are more well-known than any in the Big12.

Uteanooga
      Ute Fan
      @uteanooga

The ACC has teams that either the SEC or B10 would take. The B12 does not- as we are painfully aware.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New CFP Payouts