Nov. 19th, 2022…

Viewing 5 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

The Quacks SBNation writer seems very unimpressed with the ’22 Utah Utes.

Addicted To Quack: Duck Dive: Utah Football 2022 Preview.
      https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2022/6/14/23166753/duck-dive-utah-football-2022-preview

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

That guy says that every year. He’s the same guy that said Jaylon Johnson wasn’t very good.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

The article says this about Utah’s offensive line:
      “Offensive line is my biggest worry going into the year … I’m not optimistic.”

And yet, Phil Steele has Utah as the #6 rated offensive line going into 2022.

Somebody’s knowledge here of Utah’s offensive line is spectactularly wrong, and I’m betting it is NOT Phil Steele.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Addicted to quack does far more research

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

I am curious to know why Phil Steele has Utah as the #6 rated offensive line going into 2022. Isn’t Utah’s offensive line a little bit of an unknown at this point? I know ‘we’ have some returning experience, but we also lost some pretty important guys on the line.

BD
          Ute Fan
          @flyfisherman

Not sure. I don’t know enough about Steele’s analysis and the situation of Utah’s O-line. Maybe OnlyU can answer that. If I remember correctly, Steele rated Utah’s O-line quite high before the beginning of last season. I hope I am not mistaken on this, because the details are fuzzy in my memory. I thought he was crazy, especially after the first few games. But it turns out that Steele being high on the O-line last year was correct – they really got it together after that rought start. So I at least trust Steele’s analysis somewhat. But with injuries, etc. anything can happen, so I keep my fingers crossed.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The only one who’s played in college is low 3-star former Juco #87 TE Yassmin” Ummmm, that’s not right.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

“New guys coming in, Carson Tabaracci” – ummm no.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

No Truckstops was the source material.  Why people still talk to that clown or give any weight to him after all of his “predictions” is a head scratcher.  They either like the narrative or have burned bridges with all credible sources.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nov. 19th, 2022…