One of the weirdest things to me: People who bag on other people for wearing…

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

their favorite team.

There is a post on cougarboard about a guy whose kid is singing at the U sometime and he wants to know if he should wear black because…I don’t know. Stupid reasons.

This gatekeeping is f**king weird. I’m an Utah fan. If I go to an Ohio State game, where I am from, I wear my Utah shirt. Utah is MY school. It’s no disrespect. It’s no whatever. I’m a fan of college football, so I’m at the game. I’m a fan of Utah, so I wear my colors. And if you badmouth me…then f**k off. That’s a you problem.

For example, we went to a Diamondbacks vs Giants game. I wore my Bryce Harper Phillies shirt. Why? Because I was in Arizona, it was hotter than hell, I like baseball and wanted to do something fun. I’m not a fan of Arizona or SF. I could care less about either team. I’m a Phillies fan. So I wore my Phillies shirt.

I’m not buying another shirt for this game. I’m wearing my baseball shirt that I wear to baseball games.

If you that bothers you? Then that is a weird reflection on you.

Anyways…rant over.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

My wife bags on me for having so many sports/school shirts. It’s only about half now ;). If I’m going to a game as a fan of that game, usually I just wear whatever and enjoy the game. But that’s just me. I think the whole ‘reppin’ the school at Disneyland’ is stupid too. If it’s the t-shirt I brought, ok, I wear it, but I don’t plan to do some stupid ‘count’. But I’m also never going to a Disney theme park again, so there’s that as well.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree there. Sundays I wear Eagles. Saturdays is my Utes.

If there’s a big Phillies/Sixers game, I’ll wear that, but every other day of the week is normal clothes.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I wear my Utah gear everywhere but at a game ( any sport ) where Utah is not playing. I’m a packers fan but went to a few Charger games in San Diego with a friend who had season tickets. I bought a charger hat and t shirt out of respect.

Last year I went to Utah State BB game with the PA announcer for the Aggies. We went golfing before the game in Logan. I bought a Utah State shirt to sit with him at the scorers table. I got a few weird looks from the others at the scorers table. Didn’t realize I had on my Utah hat!! Oops. Luckily the Aggies-Utes have the same dislike for the cougars so everyone was cool about it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You lost me at “There is a post on cougarboard…”

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

If you wear something that is virtually guaranteed to get a reaction, you can’t really complain when there is a reaction. Or you shouldn’t get to. In this world of “I can do whatever I want and you are only to acknowledge it in a positive way because I’m living my truth”, I guess the question becomes why do you care what others think?

Ute in Chatt
        Ute Fan
        @phinney23

On this topic, I can relate. I wear scrubs 80 percent of the time due to my job in healthcare, and when I’m not wearing scrubs, I’m in one of my Utah shirts. I think I have gotten more comments and 90 percent of them positive, and usually, “it is you guys have come a long way” or “your defense is nasty.” The other 10% is from stupid zoobies. My favorite is when Alabama fans remember the Sugar Bowl. Overall, if you’re a true fan of the game, support your team.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

My example would be 2007. The week after Utah crushed UCLA, I went to the UW/UCLA game in Pasadena. I wore my Utah Football greys and I absolutely wanted to see what reactions I would get.

My point is that I was responsible for the reactions. I knew my audience and deliberately wore something that I knew some, not all but some, would react negatively. So I gave up my right to complain once I instigated the reaction.

HATUman
          Ute Fan
          @hatuman

What is your job in healthcare? I never wear my scrubs in public if I don’t absolutely have to, and it grosses me out when I see people in scrubs out in public, because I know what bedside nurses deal with. So glad to be done at the bedside.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Not in healthcare. I’m in evil oil

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Oil has done a great deal for humanity.

Utegator
            Ute Fan
            @utegator

Lol. I see people at the gym in scrubs and I’m always confused. How hard is it to put on some shorts?

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

Reminds me of the Andrew Shultz joke “I choose violence today”

UteNamedOg
      Ute Fan
      @utenamedog

Good for the kid.
      If wearing black and blue helps to drown out memories of TSPP’s defense being turned the same colors by John White and Zack Moss, then pay for your ticket and go for it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football One of the weirdest things to me: People who bag on other people for wearing…