OSU’s Garrett Wilson opts out of Rose Bowl

Viewing 4 reply threads

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Don’t know if officially there are more opt outs.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Sounds like Olave will also opt out.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Where are you hearing that? Olave travelled with the team and was on the practice field today. 

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Cam Mellor was just on ESPN700 and said he has heard that Olave will not play.

AZUteFan
            Ute Fan
            @azutefan

Interesting that he would be fully dressed at practice today, but I can’t blame him for thinking twice about going across the middle against Cole Bishop.

Thanks for sharing!

NarfUte
              Ute Fan
              @narfute

Ryan Day said it:

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

Well, there you go. When we beat them, it was because they were short handed. No excuses now Utes, bring your sledgehammer.

MDUte
                Ute Fan
                @mdute

Awesome! Let’s take them to the wood shed!! Would love nothing more than a convincing win over The Ohio State!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

OMG their fans are arrogant. They won’t even care if we curb-stomp their team. The season is a complete loss to them. I hate the CFP.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Expansion won’t solve the problem it will only continue the steady decline of Football.  Eventually you will have these super leagues aligned with all the major corporations and a big circle jerk post season for them. 

I enjoy Utah football so no need to twist my fingers over things I have very little control over. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I love when fans on this site use the term curb-stomp. Reminds me of a scene from American History X.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I’m not someone who is squeamish but I had to turn away the first time I saw that scene. Still gives me the hebejeebees just thinking about it.

Ohiostate
        Ute Fan
        @buckeyeguy

OSU fans arn’t arrogant, We just have a higher expectations than most schools. If Ohio State doesn’t win the national title, that is a disappointing season, losing to Michgan is a complete loss to the season. The only way College football can fix what is going on is a large playoff of 12 or 16 teams. No reason for players to get hurt for an exhibition and lose millions of dollars(just ask Jaylyn Smith from Notre Dame). That is what this game has become, an exhibition. Players will continue op-out and even teams might eventually do the same thing. So let’s hope a true playoff is coming soon.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Love it! Hope a bunch more of their guys opt out. If we beat them, nobody will care that Wilson didn’t play or anyone else. All that will matter is that Utah took down one of the nation’s biggest brands, The Ohio State Buckeyes!

And this will further cement us starting off the year in 2022 ranked in the Top 10 and poised for a potential CFP run. I don’t care how we get it as long as we get the W…go Utes!!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

But, but…we want them to be at full-strength, so we can have a great contest, even if we lose.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I’m unsurprised…..Their program’s at a level where this game’s considered 2nd-Tier…..The CFP’s changed everything.

I won’t be surprised if this creates a domino-effect.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Bring it on.  I hope all their 1st and 2nd string sit out. I’ll take any advantage I can. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OSU’s Garrett Wilson opts out of Rose Bowl