PAC-12 Championship Game Location

Viewing 7 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

This ESPN article on the PAC-12 Blog

What would you guys be most in favor of?

1. Moving the game to the new Stadium in Las Vegas
      2. Moving the game to the new stadium in LA
      3. Moving the game back to college campus (Team with best record)
      4. Leaving the game in Levi Stadium

I don’t even live in Utah so driving distance doesn’t matter to me, but I would be in favor of moving it to Las Vegas. Its a truly neutral site for all PAC-12 teams and the basketball tournament is already there. Plus the stadium will be indoor away from any potential adverse weather.

Your thoughts?

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

For me, it comes down to two options. Either put it in Vegas or put it back on the college campus of the team with the best record. These two options seem to be the most fair to the participants as it will either be a true neutral site in Vegas or the team with the best record is rewarded by having homefield advantage. These options offer the best attendance numbers too, as most fans would rather go to Vegas than San Francisco in December; or if it is on campus, obviously the home team is going to sell a bunch of tickets.

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

Vegas.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Vegas by a long shot.  It’s really the only fair location IMO

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

On a side note the Las Vegas bowl looks much better. I just hope we didn’t p**s off their committee too much a couple years ago. I know there were a lot of heated fans that were directing their hate towards the Las Vegas Bowl for some reason.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Bowls care about one thing: making money. As one of the closer schools, plus the incentive for fans to get away from the cold weather, Utah isn’t going to be passed over because our fans were upset about going to that game a couple of years ago.

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

I like home field advantage most.  However, Vegas seems the best “neutral” option.  At least until UNLV joins the conference and starts to dominate. (joke)

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

My vote is definitely Vegas.   A fair neutral location and it’s a city fans love to visit.

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

Las Vegas

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

It sounds like we all want Las Vegas which means the PAC-12 will sign a deal to play in the new LA stadium for the next 50 years and give USC (and UCLA I guess) a de facto home game. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC-12 Championship Game Location