Portal Anger

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

You know, I’m just not in the camp that thinks it’s so bad for transferring players we were excited about to take a little flack on social media.

I mean, I don’t actively advocate for it. I don’t do it because it’s not my style. I’m p**sed about Mikey but my twitter is silent on the matter. But I’m absolutely not going to try and police fellow fans who may be lighting him up a bit.

I don’t really care that people might be negative about these players. We’re die-hards and we emotionally invest in these players and if they want to look after themselves then that’s their right. I just don’t think we as fans need to act like we’re ok with it. It’s like a breakup. I’ve broken up with 1-2(mostly got broken up with, haha)and got called scuzzy for it. Took my lumps. Mikey should expect to take some lumps from a fan base that loved him and was excited about him.

I mean, it can go too far. think the limits are:
      Wishing them injury/death/desease
      Wishing them failure
      Wishing stuff on their family

You know… the usual stuff you shouldn’t say.

But beyond that, if you reciprocate with loyalty and effort, this fan base will love you. If you reciprocate with the opposite, you should expect the opposite. It means we’re passionate.

That said… dick move Mikey!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. If you want all of the benefits that comes from fans’ adulation, then you need to be prepared to take their slings and arrows when you do something that angers them. It would be ridiculous to think otherwise.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

This is where I feel bad for this whole s**t show. The players will lose this. Utah won’t. The fans won’t. But players at Matthews’ level…they will. A lot will end up without scholarships, degrees, etc.

And that will affect them for decades.

Once again, the unfettered capitalism proves to be a s**t show.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I’m a capitalist and totally agree that unfettered capitalism doesn’t work. Human greed sees to that.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Might be wise to wait awhile. He may just be testing the market to set a value. Bernard did it last year and returned when the grass wasn’t as green. I just move on to the man standing. But I get your anger.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Hope so!

He’ll get a “nice reversal!!!” From me if he comes back!

Maybe I’ll drop some money in the collective too!

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Uhh, didn’t Bernard elect to transfer because of Tavion causing locker room problems? There is no way Bernard had no offers to any other quality P5 teams.

The Rising Cam
          Ute Fan
          @tyrusaurus

In addition to everything that happened with TT, Bernard was also with Aaron the night of the shooting. I won’t get into all of it, but things got pretty bad with TT last year; culminating in a final incident that lead to his dismissal. I think all of this & the loss of Ty weighed heavy on Micah (and to an extent likely still does). From what I understand, he entered looking for a fresh start, but found that there wasn’t anywhere that he felt more at home than in Utah. Given everything that Micah’s gone through in his time at Utah, I think he was more than deserving of a “free pass.”

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

If you leave for playing time I understand and wish you well. If you leave to chase a bag and an imaginary opportunity you’re dead to me and I wish you nothing.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Hopefully they can get this train back on the rails. I’m all for players getting their share, earning what they help produce but there is a lot of collateral damage happening. How can a “student athlete” enter the portal mid semester. Doesn’t that end his scholarship? They can just transfer before the semester is over? I believe around 40% of the athletes entering the portal aren’t getting picked up. So all of those kids just P!ssed away their chance of a paid education. I hope we can get some regulations on this, not on how much they can make, just regulations on what is expected once your committed. A full year on the team, no skipping out for bowl games or other games. Fulfill your contract to the end of the season. That is my portal anger. I wish all the kids luck on their future, and appreciate the effort they gave here.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Portal Anger