Pretty good stuff on 700 today.

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

https://youtu.be/OZDRwH44NUI

The part about the linebackers was interesting to me as well. Especially because people were critical of a certain guy. Also of note was Blackmon.

The talk about Huntley as well.

9 2

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

6th highest rated LB in the conference. Three guys were trashing his play and one even claimed he damn near got benched.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Looks like you got downvoted by UtMtBiker or Whittlesworth

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Lol

2 4

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I wouldn’t down vote that.  I’m very happy to see him succeed.  I do stand behind my assessment of the BYU game where he missed assignments, was slow to react and didn’t look very good at all.  

The NIU game…dang.  He balled out for real!  I’m very excited about our LB’s at this point.  

@admin no way to see who down votes you?  That would be a nice feature.  

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Likes and dislikes are anonymous.

1 1

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Or idaute.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

He’s the 6th highest rated in pass coverage not overall. But still good to hear.

2 1

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

Guys can have good games and we can still be critical of them.

For instance, Julian had a great game by all accounts, but I watched at least a couple plays live where he could have taken either a better angle or been faster to the ball that would have resulted in PBUs or INTs. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Sure. Personally I don’t feel the need to be critical of amateur athletes. They’re putting their bodies on the line and giving it their all. As soon as they start accepting money to play though and become professionals, they’re fair game.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Exactly. Is also possible that a player has a bad game or a matchup that kicks his ass for whatever reason. Doesn’t mean he is a bad player.

Post it in here and a bunch of fans that get their opinions fed to them buy ESPN700 will down vote the crap out of it then assume you’ll be petty and down vote them back?

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

No, I did not downvote anyone (don’t even know how).

Thanks for posting the 700 grading on the LB’s from someone who knows football a lot better than I.  I must say I am surprised but the grading is mostly from his pass coverage.  I think he has a long way to go on run responsibility but like I said I’m really pulling for him.  What else do we have?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pretty good stuff on 700 today.