Raider Damuni

Viewing 3 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

I’ve been thinking, with BYU’s schedule (not to mention football program) in the gutter, what are the chances that Raider Damuni de-commits from BYU to play elsewhere? The more talented athletes I’m sure don’t want to play for a school with so many question marks right now, they probably won’t even have a season. Utah sent out their official offer letters yesterday with Raider recieving one. I know his dad is on the coaching staff at BYU, but if it was my son I would tell him to go play for the school that is more likely to play a season out, and will probably put him in the NFL in a few years. Also, Logan Fano is a Utah lean right now from what I hear, and they were teammates and are good friends. Chances of landing both of them?

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

The young men have to do what’s right for them.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I was listening to a podcast last night hosted by Scott Mitchell and some zoob. They had Mitch Harper on and were discussing the state of TDS football. Harper made a good point that some guys like Zane Anderson and Kyrus Tonga, who have degrees, are good players and need some good film this season, may have to hit the transfer portal if the TDS can’t put a decent schedule together. It’ll be interesting to see how this all shakes out in the end.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I think we learned from the Caleb Lohner situation that an athlete can sign a letter of intent at one institution, then change their mind a couple months later, and still not lose any eligibility.  Ergo, Raider can still sign with ybU-p in December, then opt out and sign with another school should the tdS’ season appear to be in jeopardy, whereas the other school’s program might NOT be.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Raider Damuni