RB

Viewing 5 reply threads

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

If JQJ more than a tweak, it’s Glover, Vincent, then FR? Is Curry still not ready? Do we have any other qbs that can convert 😉? Lander (although Whitt said TE would he his monster position)? Seriously, went from super deep to pretty thin.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

A bit surprised we didn’t see Curry today after seeing him last week. Maybe he’s still recovering from his injury, but now would be an excellent time for him to be back. He’s a solid asset when healthy

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Weird that I miss Tavion. I miss Ty Jordan too. But yeah, we don’t have a featured back. Has Jaquinden ever had more than 12 carry’s in a game?

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I’ve never bought JJ as a legit RB1 at a high level. NJ might be or best bet splitting reps with Glover. Then again that gives us 2 speedy fly weight RBs. Barnes with Gover and NJ as RB2? Vincent looks closer to Bernard type of player. Kind of a mess right now.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

JJ was great towards the end of last season and he’s been good when he’s played this season. He just has issues playing the whole game.

3 1

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Per reports, Jackson has been playing with issues since camp. At 100% he should be able to play full games but he appears to need to sit every time he takes a shot to the lower leg – the right one if I had to guess.

Bigger question to me is where are the 3 freshmen? If they aren’t able to take a couple of snaps by now.,, that doesn’t say much about their rankings. Utah has never been shy about playing freshman RB’s and the playbook has been so dumbed down that knowing the full scheme shouldn’t be an issue. I mean sheesh, Johnson isn’t even allowed to audible to hot routes against 10 man boxes.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

I’m guessing the freshman are having issues in pass pro – I think that’s why Vincent is getting more reps.

1 1

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

again, when your run pass ratio is 48/17 and you don’t allow your QB to audible against a run blitz, how important is pass pro on the plays they are in the game? The only thing separating the current Utah offense and a service academy at this point is that Utah lines up multiple receivers to pretend that they might get a pass thrown to them before blocking.

Bring in Vincent on 3rd and long to block. You are going to be in them most of the season because you will be running into stacked boxes on 1st and 2nd downs since no one respects your QB throwing the ball.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I appreciate how hard JQJ runs but to me he doesn’t have RB1 talent. It doesn’t appear we have a real RB1 on our roster. I had hopes for Glover but I haven’t been too impressed with him. I feel like he is getting arm-tackled consistently

3 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

LOL! You might be the only person on the planet who thinks “JQJ” (his family has requested that we not refer to him as that btw) is not talented enough to be RB1. Did you not watch the Baylor game? He was playing hurt and STILL dominated at times. His problem is not talent. His problem is he is hurt, and has been hurt the entire season.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

Thank you for pointing out JQJ. And I agree, he has the talent, we’ve seen it, but he’s been playing hurt

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

I’m really surprised people think JJ doesn’t have the talent to be RB1. He’s been playing hurt, and the lack of passing game has only hampered him more.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.