Real Rant

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

This is the new world…. Every year, we (Our team), is going to have to be re-recruited… Local Kids or kids who were recruited out of Utah we should have a good handle on.. Non Utah kids who show promise (Watch Out). There is no more loyalty. That is gone. Everyone in the country knows that Utah model now. They know how Utah finds projects and turns them into elite NFL prospects. And Every year these lazy schools are going to come after our guys. Why cause they can. So, how do we compete.

First, the good news. Culture cannot be bought. Utah is a culture, Whit, hardwork the grind. Can you think of the last Utah guy who transferred and was more successful somewhere else ? cause I can’t. Maybe S. Mariner ? The culture is real and Utah will still be great because of Whit and because of the culture. We know how to identify, coach and build up. This will keep us competitive especially in the big 12 where we recruit better than most of the programs or at least on par. There is no program in the Big-12 you look at and fear none. Even if they have more talent. How is their culture.

Whit knows how to navigate the waters and so does Scally. The world may change but the core principles of college football and winning games stay the same.

Now, the real no emotional news….. We are going to lose Key guys every year. The solution. Pay our top dudes every year. Before the big schools come after them. And between playing time and our culture maybe that’s enough to keep them around see (CR). But, we aren’t going to bring back everyone.

So, better get used to it… Shocked by JJ. better get ahead of it if you want to keep guys. See Cam. Whit mentioned had we had enough NIL we could have kept Bishop and Vaki. Maybe. Unfortunately these kids don’t owe us anything after the season.

It cannot and won’t continue like this.. It will get regulated within the next 3-5 years and be like a NFL model. But for now. Buckle up….

The other good news is at least we are established (Utah), dudes like Logan Fano and the G-tech cb or Landon King want to come to Utah to get coached up. That’s what separates us.

95 percent of everyone that leaves (transfer not nil) will find out the grass isn’t always greener. Some were forced out by Whit and co for the others they will find out how much patience, development and culture matters. I mean Whit was taking 2* DE and turning them into NFL studs who beat Alabama.

Utah itself will be fine big picture. But day to day is going to be rough for us as fans. I really feel for the MWC schools, lower schools, WSU, OSU.

But Utah will continue to win. Playoff. we will see. CR does solve a lot.. And We should be able to get a big time RB in the portal. I would think unlike WR, RB is an elite need here.

Go Utes.

6 4

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Whitt’s going to retire because of this. Then the culture will be gone. I’m girding my loins for the day when I just don’t have any interest in watching an Utah game. I fear it’s coming soon.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Did the coaches jobs just become 1/3 bigger? Imagine all the headache of bringing guys in and then fighting to get them to stay. How many times can you cry wolf at work for a better offer, but these kids can do it every month of the offseason. Annoying and disrespecting as a professional.

lgt4141
      Ute Fan
      @lgt4141

For the culture reason alone I hope Scalley is the next head coach.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.